2000 LS license plate led's?

Janobala

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought some led bulbs from Amazon that I had used in the interior courtesy lights. But they are too long to fit in the license plate housing. Can anyone link me to the led's they used in their first gen? Preferably Amazon if possible. Thanks.

these are the led's i used for the license plate lights - couldnt find
them on amazon...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251541386343?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

they light up the plate very nicely.

10377001_10205994232437854_4879405361341505278_n.jpg

just search ebay for this -

2 X HID White T10 Side Wedge 9-SMD W5W 168 194 LED Bulbs For License Plate Light

they light up the plate very nicely.

holy sh!t they sure do, they look a hell of a lot better than mine do...

thanks, might have to try those out!

the cheapies I have from superbrightled hotspot really bad and are not very bright

I got LED in my plate lights also BUT explain again to me why we go out of our way to make sure the 5-0 can read it more easily?
plus they stay lit dimmed for 30min until sleep mode. Grrrrr!!!!

I got LED in my plate lights also BUT explain again to me why we go out of our way to make sure the 5-0 can read it more easily?...

Because they pull you over and give you an equipment ticket if you don't. (I only switched to LEDs when the bulbs burned out.)

Plate has to be visible from 100 ft here in Texas or they could pull you over for citation or warning. So u make sure mine are visible o' plenty.

An equipment ticket ticket huh?, stock bulb was good enough but LED lights it up even better, I do have the tint cover so it's best it's lit up good.
You see them in and out of traffic, running tag numbers though. Just doing their jobs.

maybe if they pulled you over for no reason... but you're out on roads you don't own, driving a car around with a big number on it that everybody can see.

but you don't own your plate, that government does. long story short, they can do with their own plate anything they want...

as far as what's been decided previously, RI v. Bjerke, lady calls the cops about a drunk driver and give cops the plate #, cops then go to that area and see the car with the correct plate#. and without waiting to see him actually break a law, they pull him over right away and arrest him because he's wasted, he appeals saying that they had no right to just pull him over based on a plate number

“In considering his contention, we point out that a Fourth Amendment search is only involved when the government intrudes into areas in which an individual is said to have a reasonable expectation of privacy. This expectation of privacy must be actually held by an individual and must be objectively reasonable.”
In rejecting Bjerke’s argument the court concluded: “We do not believe that either Bjerke or the public at large has any reasonable expectation of privacy in a motor vehicle registration license plate. We reach this conclusion in view of the fact that such plates and the information behind them are within the control and custody of the state through the Registry of Motor Vehicles"

another side to that is cops can't search your car for no reason, but if they see something in plain sight, then all bets are off. well plates are in plane sight.

on even another side to that, the 4th amendment (or really, any of the bill of rights) doesn't apply where he is at... :p

on even another side to that, the 4th amendment (or really, any of the bill of rights) doesn't apply where he is at... :p

"Probable Cause", either or, they can run plate numbers all they want if they choose so and they do, they are busy checking to see if the plate is registered to that car, up to date, reported stolen, any outstanding warrents and I'm not 100% if they can tell if there is valid insurance on vehicles through a plate check. I don't think so.

When I'm higher up in traffic (in a truck) I see them rolling up behind others and typing away at their keyboards, 10-20 seconds and they onto the next one. At intersections they do a few of them. follow some if need be.

i just want the leds in the plate because i hate the way halogen looks, its just to make it look better, that's my reason.

...and thats the best reason. led plate lights just give the car a bit of
an upper class look. really cleans the arse up nicely :)

They do now. Holder finally did something right and just put out that local and state cops can no longer use federal drug seizure laws to seize private property without due process. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

please explain to me how the 4th amendment (or again any of the bill of rights) to the Constitution of the United States now applies in Canada regardless of how many americans he ask to adopt him...

please explain to me how the 4th amendment (or again any of the bill of rights) to the Constitution of the United States now applies in Canada regardless of how many americans he ask to adopt him...

Didn't you know? Canada is the 51st state, and the whole world revolves around America. ;)

^ LOL, he's got you there Loud1

All this ranting of "we have rights" all over the world, I hope you can understand it's all nonsense, when they want, they'll round us all up and do with us as they please. For now, they just want you to go to work each day, keep your mouth shut and pay your taxes. New World Order!

... back to LED's.

Members online

No members online now.
Back