2000 LS has Ford back in my good books.

RockLSonDubz

LVC Member
Reaction score
Sup everyone I'm Rocky, I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia.
Just got a smoking deal on a 2000 Lincoln LS
only the V6 ;but it's a 5.0L compared to what I've been driving for the past forever lol
(05 Ford Freestar & 02 Focus Wagon SE no Zetec). I actually got 2000$ for the Focus and the Lincoln for 1500$ with quite a bit of problems ;but sold to me as "running great" and only cosmetic problems like driver's door latch is broken I have to pull on the lock to top, Cup Holder falls over towards driver and the fan has had a switch put in and bypassed the fuse box.
The real problems besides those 3 things well first night it left me stranded and kept over heating, turns out coil 1 and 6 were misfiring so we replaced those and it helped a lot now I'm pretty sure the transmission solenoid pack needs to be changed as I'm getting the E error code in D5 and D4 and the transmission isn't functioning good. My dad is a Ford mechanic at a dealership so it shouldn't cost me too much.
Only other things are minor like passenger door has to be unlocked manually, the sunroof guide arms fell out,sunroof button is broken off (I have the button), front dash fan shroud in the middle falls out, seats are fairly beat, back of one is coming off (I plan to reupholster the interior completely anyways), no key fob and the trunks spare tire cover is plywood (smh like half inch too and there's no spare tire even).
The good though is it came with Boss 20" rims, Cold Air, HID's in the front and Pioneer dvd deck plus Clarion tweets mounted on the front window trim, door speakers and 6 x 9's (the rear speaker wiring is missing from the deck though).
Minor things I don't mind doing myself and I own a 3d printer to make plastic clips or pieces I may need and with my dad at the dealership I can get free shop time on weekends too which is huge. I plan to put a lot of love into this car and make it my own.
The reason I say Ford is redeemed is because I had a brand new Eddie B Expedition in 03, dumped around 10 grand into getting a lift,set of rims, rubber, Nerf bars and a nice system in it and 1 drop of water in the Gem Module made me have to drive stuck in 4 low to drive back home 5 hours on a highway pissing people off doing 70km.

the trade up.jpg

Members online

Back