2000 LS ehxaust

smok3smok3

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like to possibly get a higher flowing exhaust to get a little extra ponies ... but I really do not want to have a louder exhaust .... any options for me?

The Magnaflow kit seems to be the big seller here. You can even find audio clips of peeps cars with it on.

The Magnaflow kit seems to be the big seller here. You can even find audio clips of peeps cars with it on.

Yes, I've heard them but that's the sound I do not want. To me, this is a luxury car and I just don't want it to sound much louder at all. I really like how quiet it is. I wold be ok with a tiny bit louder but not much.

Really hard to find kit like that because manufacture knows there buyer wants something little louder if not they would stay stock. You might be looking into just changing out muffs and leaving all other parts stock to make little more rumble.

I was thinking maybe some high flow cats and a X pipe?? Think that would that be worth it?

The Magnaflow is about the quietest your gunna get and still gain some power.

Maybe you could use the factory mufflers and just have someone hang pipes with less bends.

If you get the magnaflow dual inlet/outlet with built in x pipe in their longest version (I think 18" body) and 2 rear magnaflow mufflers would be as quiet as you could do, or even in Walker dynomax mufflers, just be aware that the mid muffler in that long version hangs a little lower than factory, so if your car is lowered it would be a problem ( I found that out) if you are at factory height you would be ok.

Exh is like everything else that flows down hill. If you put on "High FLow" cats that lead to super choking quite muffs you gain nothing. Its called the bottleneck effect LOL.The cheapest way would be muffs. Good high flow cats are not cheap and neither are X pipes. Where muffs can be welded on in minutes. Most of the restriction is in the muffs.

+1 on the Magnaflow and the best thing is..at low RPMs going up a hill or through city traffic..it's a growling mother f*cker...but at highway speeds...quiet as a bee.....and I got my Magnaflow off ebay for 600 brand new!

From what you are saying I think you would like the sound of some flowmaster 40 series..i think they are quieter than the magnaflows but that is my opinion only..check out you tube for sound clips of the flowmasters

From what you are saying I think you would like the sound of some flowmaster 40 series..i think they are quieter than the magnaflows but that is my opinion only..check out you tube for sound clips of the flowmasters

Are you suggesting just changing to a high flow muffler of my choice? Do you think there are any HP gains from just doing that?

HOW BOUT THIS:

You don't want it louder, but want more power?

SCT XCal2 or XCal3. More power than just replacing mufflers, just a little more $$ than mufflers/install (a little under 400 with the tunes)

HOW BOUT THIS:

You don't want it louder, but want more power?

SCT XCal2 or XCal3. More power than just replacing mufflers, just a little more $$ than mufflers/install (a little under 400 with the tunes)

This is probably the best idea... Thank you for pointing that out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back