2000 ls cupholders

jdsimons

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I though i read someone saying that we could replace the 2000 cup holders with the newer ones. Anyone know this for a fact and if so what do those cost generally.

jdsimons said:
I though i read someone saying that we could replace the 2000 cup holders with the newer ones. Anyone know this for a fact and if so what do those cost generally.

yes - the center console was re-designed in 2001, you can simply replace the top of the console with the 2001 version.

Quik LS said:
yes - the center console was re-designed in 2001, you can simply replace the top of the console with the 2001 version.
Do you know how much the console would cost and is it easy to replace?

This is part of an email from Torrie at fordparts network,
"1W4Z 54044D90-PAA Genuine Ford tan center console trim panel $ 299.99."

The FLM dealer in my area wants $350. :eek2:

I some one finds them cheaper let me know, :dancefool I'll pay $140.00 right now!!!

your right ->

W/o phone - 2000-02 01-02 $315.37 $264.91
console - console - Upper trim panel - Auto trans w/dual cupholder

depending on color.....

I was looking at ->

Graphite - 2000-02 00-02 $171.27 $143.87
console - console - console - Dual cup holder

Quick, was it you that was emailing the procedure to replace spark plugs?
My 2000 LS8 Sport just broke 50k and I'm pretty sure the plugs are original.

MikeB said:
Quick, was it you that was emailing the procedure to replace spark plugs?
My 2000 LS8 Sport just broke 50k and I'm pretty sure the plugs are original.

yep - shoot me your e-mail address

Damn, $264 is a lot for a little more convenience. I think I'll deal with the crappy cup holders and put the money towards some performance.

Also, a passenger is a great cupholder, and the best part is, its free.

Have you checked your local junkyards? I'd be surprised if they knew it was 'worth' $300, and you could snag it for under $50.

Why don't you like the '00 cupholders? They're cool :D! My passengers think it's neat to be able to flip it like that.

I fabricated my own cup holder out of plexiglass with my grandfather. It mounts to the piece that would cover the console when the cup holder is flipped down and it rests on the E-brake handle. I will post a few pics tomorrow.

It can easily be made for a few dollars and a couple of hours in the garage.

It sucks, I've checked with every junkyard in town, and no LS parts.

Kevin, I like the flip feature, but unless you only have cans or 1 of the larger cups with the small bottom, it doesn't work well. I use it mostly to hold change. I still prefer having the passenger hold my drink though.

It's been my experience that ample chested blondes seem to make the best cupholders. Then again maybe I'm just to distracted to really care how they hold the cups. Just my $0.02

cdixon said:
It's been my experience that ample chested blondes seem to make the best cupholders. Then again maybe I'm just to distracted to really care how they hold the cups. Just my $0.02
I have one of those but she doesn't work any better at holding the cup than the console.
she does like to hold the change though.

My cup holder. My grandfather and I made it in about 3 hours with scrap plexi we bought at a plastics shop.

cupholder.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back