2000 LS Cooling overheat, need to try air bleeding on the 3.9 engine and some info

frozenthorn

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have searched this forum as I usually do, and even google but only came up with the same illustrated diagram that alleges where my heater air bleed is. I however look in the spot there is suppose to be one and can't find anything lol. I'm not a mechanic but hopefully i'm not an idiot either, can someone post a picture of where this is in an actual photograph?

Engine overheated few days ago because the wire to my electric fan got disconnected, my fault, but now that I have to refill it I find it overheating even with the fan going so i'm thinking air in the system due to having to refill so much lost coolant.

I replaced the thermostat yesterday just because why not, but is there an easy way to tell if my water pump is working ok? I can get one really cheap but I wouldn't be able to do the work right now so i'm hoping it's just an air issue. In Florida with our high heat, the car overheats pretty fast so I can't easily get it to a shop, would probably need to have it towed and that's an expense i'd love to avoid ;)

Thanks!

This
heater_bleed.jpg

heater_bleed.jpg

Thanks joegr, i'll be able to go look for it when I get off work, that pic should really help :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back