2000 ls 3.9 sport front struts

Zeus

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I need new front struts for my 2000 LS sport and it seems there's a difference in base model struts vs sport models. I'm looking for front struts that are inexpensive and using my coil springs. I figure I'll replace them while im doing upper control arms. Thanks in Advance!

They're not really struts (I know everyone calls them that). They are coil-over-shocks. The biggest difference is that the LS has upper control arms. Cars with struts don't.

The factory sport shocks have not be made for a long time and no stock exists. AFAIK, the same is true for the non-sport ones. I have heard that the aftermarket ones are worse than worn out factory shocks, so I haven't tried them. There are some solutions to this problem (search the forum), but they are not close to what I would call "cheap."

Just go to the strutmasters website. By the time you deal with the labor for spring compression and etc, its more expensive than what they offer. As far as quality, well it is FAR better than OEM worn out ones but, I don't think it is quite as good as the OEM Sport, from memory, when new. BTW your springs are likely shot too, they sag with time and your car is one year older than mine.

My mechanic is severely picky (good thing), and he said he was surprised they used such good quality ones - monroes I think. Been on them 3 months, and I am happy my car doesnt sound like it is falling apart any more.

Yes you can do the Bilsteins done here, but as joe says thats not cheap, and you would need the eibach lowering springs, which may or may not be a good idea for your needs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back