2000 Lincoln LS With Little Heat (Just warm)

nbarr7655

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 2000 Lincoln LS that seems to have a problem blowing nice hot heat. When the car is all the way up to temp I can only get semi warm air to come out, even when I have the heat set to max. Could this be a bad core or something else? Is there anyway to do a flush? Will that help?

Thanks!

2000 LS
V8
114k miles

It's not the heater core. I don't know why everyone wants to blame it, but it's not been the cause so far. If you search this site, you'll see there's probably a hundred threads on heater problems.

Most likely: You have air trapped in the cooling system preventing good flow to the heater cores. Replace all the plastic cooling system parts, refill, and bleed correctly.

Next choice: Your aux pump may have failed. The main symptom would be little/no heat at idle, good heat at 2500+ RPM.

Next choice: Clogged DCCV. Replace it and flush out the cooling system.

Lastly and unlikely: bad thermostat.

It's not the heater core. I don't know why everyone wants to blame it, but it's not been the cause so far. If you search this site, you'll see there's probably a hundred threads on heater problems.

Most likely: You have air trapped in the cooling system preventing good flow to the heater cores. Replace all the plastic cooling system parts, refill, and bleed correctly.

So I was going to bleed the system tonight, but found no bleeder valve? In watching videos and things I thought it was supposed to stick out right next to the coolant tank. However, I found nothing there tonight! Ideas of where it may be hiding?

Also, I'm not sure I can confirm this but my brother said that he is pretty sure if the heat is set to feet it will work fine. But if set to anything else it will only blow kind of warm, not hot?

You'll have to trace if from the metal pipe on the fire wall that it should be connected to.

Air outlet selection should not be a factor in the temperature of the air.

Members online

No members online now.
Back