2000 Lincoln LS V6, Tranny shifting slowly, hard shifts to second

2000LincLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a '00 Lincoln LS V6, auto tranny. I have found that over time the shifting to drive has become worse, taking sometimes up to 6-7 seconds to go into drive, sometimes it shifts nice and easy when it finally gets to it, and sometimes is rather hard shifting into drive. Also seems like second is a little rough as well. I have been told to get a PCM update done on it, but have seen some posts that suggest Solenoid and Valve body replacement. Has anyone seen this be simply the tranny oil and filter? I know that you can't really check the tranny with a dipstick.. I guess I should take it into the shop and have them drop the pan and have a look, that would tell me, just wondering if someone could pinpoint it for me on here since everyone is so helpful. Thanks.

the guy that owned my car before me had the late shift to drive, taking up to 7 seconds he said. he also said he took it to the dealer and they did updated the pcm. just my .02 cents, i would try that first.

PCM update coming

the guy that owned my car before me had the late shift to drive, taking up to 7 seconds he said. he also said he took it to the dealer and they did updated the pcm. just my .02 cents, i would try that first.

Thanks for the post Eastcoast, I should have put in there that I had called and inquired about the PCM redo... I was asked if it was any better when cold, which it is, which to me would signal it not being the PCM.. but am gonna try that before a new tranny that's for sure. The price I was quoted was $85 canadian for the PCM refresh.

Members online

No members online now.
Back