2000 lincoln LS overheating

reaper1432

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So i got a 2000 lincoln ls it has the 3.9 v8. my issue is it over heats. when idling its fine but when you drive it after a few miles it over heats. I already replaced the thermostat, hydraulic pump and hoses. The fan kicks on like it should. so any one have a idea on what it could be? im hoping its not head gaskets but hope it could be something easier... any input is welcomed

Hard to say without looking at it ! But from past experiences similar issues was a sticking thermostat causing a restriction and or low antifreeze..
Was diagnosing a Chevy sub ran good ! Temp good all day at idle but get on the open road say around 65-70 mph and the temps would climb up around 245F. Thermostat sticking causing flow restrictions .. another vech. charger 5.7 hemi eng runs good temp ok at idle would over heat on hwy . Low on coolant the degas bottle cracked

Forgot to add air in the antifreeze system will cause an over heating issues as well on the hwy.. so chk system for air ..

You very likely need to replace all the other plastic parts in the cooling system, or maybe you will be the one exception to that rule here. Please do post back in a couple of months if you did not have to.
Also, you have to fill and bleed exactly by the factory procedure.
How to Drain the Lincoln LS Cooling System

Members online

No members online now.
Back