2000 Lincoln LS 5 Speed Manual

jeff

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Hope you can help me Two questions for you

1. Check engine light back on, No surprise there. getting two codes P0171 and P0174 System lean bank 1 and bank 2. People tell me it may be a leaking intake gasket???? just wanted your opinion as I have to pass Emissions here shortly..

#2. I removed the intake to change out a coil and inadvertenly broke the nipple off of what looks like a water housing outlet. The hose connects from the intake manifold to this nipple and the Top radiator hose goes into this outlet with a Pressure Fitting. What is this part called?? I called Ford, they think the part I am talking about is $300.00 Does this sound right.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Jeff

1. Might be the gasket since you just messed with it. More commonly, it's the PCV plumbing. The other vacuum plumbing should be suspect too.

Joe, I had a bad seal of the intake tubing (courtesy shoddy dealer "inspecting" the air filter during an oil change) to the TB cause this same situation once...

Jeff, can you post a picture of the nipple that you broke? If the nipple that you broke is on one of the radiator hoses that also has the radiator bleed valve on it, than the dealer cost is correct. It is a large hose assembly that looks like an octopus and includes the inline thermostat and housing if I remember correctly.

Members online

Back