2000 Linc LS V6, Noise from engine (sounds like its supercharged, cam chains?)

2000LincLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All, as much as I want my ride ('00 linc LS V6) to be supercharged, it isn't. But that is what it sounds like... a loud whirling humming sound from the engine, a while back someone suggested it may be Cam chains. I have sprayed the pulleys, belts etc and the noise stays and seems to be coming from both sides of the engine, since it is dual overhead cam I am thinking this is the problem (cam chains) has anyone experienced this issue? I hate having people stare at me since they like the car, and then grimace when they hear it.. lol.. anyways, would appreciate your advise!

Could be bad bearings inside the alternator, too. Had a friend with a Firebird once who had a bad alternator and it sounded like it had a blower on it.

Is it constant or only after driving for awhile? I get that same noise and I have been trying to pin point it, there has been alot of people reporting that type of noise almost but I have not figgured it out. Im just curiouse, I wanna know what the hell it is to, its been going on for a long time and I had every other issue fixed not long after they started.

noisy engine

Mine is constant, from the time you start it to the time you turn it off.... I know that some of the noises that people report have been the idler arm, and pully tensioner... I think they are relatively cheap and easy to install, but mine is the engine, not the arm, or tensioner...

My moms trailblazer did this, I don't remember exactly what the problem was, but I used to joke around when I was pulling the boat that it was supercharged. It's pretty funny listening to a v6 try to pull a soaking wet 2000lb boat on a slant out of the water.

EDIT: she took it to the dealer and they fixed it within like 3 hours

Members online

No members online now.
Back