2000 CONTINENTAL THROTTLE BODY

• Thread starter Deleted member 6070
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6070

Anybody know where my mechanic can gwt a new OEM throttle body. He ssys mine has a cacuzm leak causing check engine light to come on and show feed too lean?

I guess he means "vacuum" leak. That does seem unlikely, unless it is cracked. If it were cracked, wouldn't he say it is cracked? Is he just guessing because the symptom is air leak and he can't find it?

Anybody know where my mechanic can gwt a new OEM throttle body. He ssys mine has a cacuzm leak causing check engine light to come on and show feed too lean?

Also as others have stated about vacuum leaks look/check for these before you do anything else. Instead of throwing money at it. But in case you have to go that route read below:

James basically no one really sells a "new" throttle body for 98-02 Continentals. They are obsolete from the dealership and elsewhere. The result that you have to look at is possibly looking at Ebay for this part. Here is a quick link for search on Ebay so you can browse: Genuine OEM Throttle Bodies for Lincoln Continental for sale | eBay

**Also keep in mind the 1995-1997 Continental throttle bodies are different than the 98-02. Also there part numbers are different. Keep this in mind. **

Here is one on Ebay for your car, but make sure its for and fits your model year!! : Throttle Body Throttle Valve Assembly Fits 98-02 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL 638001 | eBay

**Make sure when you do contact seller, that the butterfly and linkage works and is working freely, clean no binding or anything.** Might have to get a new throttle position sensor while your at it. You can get those anywhere, RockAuto ect.

Here is a thread I started about where everyone can find parts for 98-02 Continentals:

Here are websites for Lincoln parts and supplier info

Hope this helps you out.

-Svets

Could be the Idle Air Control valve, EGR valve too, just thinking out loud.

Also there is a 90 degree elbow that causes a lean code. Lincolnelite had done a write up on his 98-02 Lincoln Continental DIY page here is the link to this problem: This could be your problem.

I really apprecuate your help on thus......Lincöln owners seem to much more helpful than Cadillac owners......

Again... codes would be helpful. Autozone or any other parts store can pull them for free.

Besides the IAC valve... a bad EGR valve can cause similar symptoms.

Members online

No members online now.
Back