2000 Continental AUX?

johnvpr

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,

there is any way to the get the 2000 continental radio/CD player to play mp3? something like a mp3 cd emulator...

m-UoV4fYh5kpS0RTYrP_e-g.jpg

m-UoV4fYh5kpS0RTYrP_e-g.jpg

The Pie FRDN-AUX unit replaces the factory changer with an aux input, which allows you to plug any other source into it. You'll still need something that plays MP3s to provide input -- any portable MP3 player with headphone output should do the trick. It isn't elegant but it'll work!

It may be discontinued like many products for our cars because of their age. It is in stock on Amazon.com for now. On the other hand, you can get a decent 2-DIN aftermarket CD player w/ MP3 support for maybe $200. It's easy to wire up the door speakers and with enough luck and the right wiring harness you can add in the stock subs in the rear deck too.

Added:

Another post here on LvC has mentioned this product: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/cpfdwaux35.html

I personally disconnected the stock woofers in the rear deck, they're junk. My whole sound system is completely aftermarket other than the antenna so I'd suggest an aftermarket head unit.

The stock setup is definitely junk. I couldn't believe how bad it sounded when I bought the car. The JBL systems of previous models were great - the "Alpine" setup was clearly a cost-cutting move. In this system only the deck woofers were amplified; the rest was powered by the radio itself. Of course, not having a CD player in the dash after the mid 1990s was a real screwup too. Even my grandfather's 87 Town Car had a CD in the dash (the first ever offered in the US btw).

If you absolutely can't stand the thought of installing a new head unit or are short on cash, you can go the cheap route and use something like a tape deck adapter. My gf has something like this she uses for her car. Just google 'tape deck to mp3' and you'll get plenty of results on where to get them.

Members online

Back