2000 Conti recircle servo

johnvpr

LVC Member
Reaction score
hi

i notice that when i press the max ac button nothing changes, so i guess the recircle servo might dont work... any idea what i could check and where is the servo located?

thanks

john

I've never worked on the AC system so I don't know where the servo is. However, if you've never changed your fresh air filter, it might be completely clogged so you can't get fresh air. Check that if you haven't already.

It's located below the passenger side windshield wiper in the cowl (visible with the hood up).

Yes John, i've replaced the filter... but the problem is if I set MAX AC the nothing changes and I smell smells outside the car which means that the servo is not closing the recicler door....

Jon

This is a description of the Climate Control System from a 1999 factory service manual I have. To me it looks like the duct doors are controlled by vacuum. There is a electronically controlled actuator motor that I think controls the temperature blending door. I haven't worked on this before so I'm just trying to figure it out by what you see here.

System Air Flow

MAX A/C
View attachment 828468593

When MAX A/C is selected:

l The air inlet duct doors are at full vacuum, closing off outside air and admitting only recirculated air.

l The panel/defrost door is at full vacuum and the floor/panel door is in the no vacuum position, directing airflow to the instrument panel A/C registers (19893).

l The temperature is automatically set for maximum cold (60ºF) but may be raised if desired.

l Air will be picked up at the recirc opening by the blower motor (18527). With the A/C control set for maximum cold, airflow across the A/C evaporator core (19860) will be diverted past the heater core (18476) and then directed into the passenger compartment through the instrument panel A/C registers. There is also some airflow to the A/C side window demisters.

l If equipped with a center console, the rear seat passenger A/C damper door will be at full vacuum, directing airflow to the rear seat passenger A/C registers.

l The A/C compressor (19703) will be enabled when MAX A/C is selected.

l The blower motor is on.

Vent
View attachment 828468594

When VENT is selected:

l The air inlet duct doors, with no vacuum being applied, will block recirculated air and admit outside air. From there, air flows through the system to the instrument panel A/C registers.

l The floor/panel door is in the no vacuum position to block airflow to the heater outlet floor ducts (18C433).

l The panel/defrost door is at full vacuum, closing off airflow to the windshield defroster hose nozzles (18490). There is also some airflow to the A/C side window demisters.

l If equipped with a center console, the rear seat passenger A/C damper door will be at full vacuum, directing airflow to the rear seat passenger A/C registers.

l The temperature can be adjusted to heat the air but air cannot be cooled below outside temperature.

l The A/C compressor (19D629) will be disabled when "VENT" is selected.

l The A/C compressor will be disabled when "VENT" is selected.

OFF
View attachment 828468595

When OFF is selected:

l The A/C inlet duct doors are at full vacuum, closing off outside air and admitting only recirc air.

l The floor/panel door and the panel/defrost door are at no vacuum, closing off the passages to the instrument panel A/C registers and heater outlet floor ducts.

l If equipped with a center console, the rear seat passenger A/C damper door will be in the no vacuum position, closing off airflow to the rear seat passenger A/C registers.

l The blower motor and A/C compressor are off.

PANEL/FLOOR
View attachment 828468596

When PANEL/FLOOR is selected:

l The air inlet duct doors are set at no vacuum, blocking the recirc passage and admitting outside air.

l The floor/panel door is in the partial vacuum position, allowing airflow to both the heater outlet floor duct and the instrument panel A/C registers.

l The windshield defroster door is at full vacuum, closing off the majority of airflow to the windshield defroster hose nozzle, a small amount of bleed air to through the defroster nozzle is normal. Airflow will be directed to the instrument panel registers. There is also some airflow to the A/C side window demisters.

l The A/C compressor will be enabled when PANEL/FLOOR is selected.

FLOOR
View attachment 828468597

When FLOOR is selected:

l The air inlet duct doors are in the no vacuum position, blocking recirc air and admitting outside air.

l The floor/panel door is in the full vacuum position, directing all air flow to the heater outlet floor duct.

l The temperature can be adjusted to mix air flowing through and around the heater core to achieve the desired temperature level.

l The panel/defrost door is in the no vacuum position, blocking air circulation to the panel A/C registers.

l If equipped with a center console, the rear seat passenger A/C camper door will be in the no vacuum position, closing off airflow to the rear seat passenger A/C registers.

l The A/C compressor will be disabled when FLOOR is selected.

FLOOR/DEFROST
View attachment 828468598

When FLOOR/DEFROST is selected:

l The air inlet duct door is in the no vacuum position blocking recirc air and admitting outside air.

l The floor/panel door is in the partial vacuum position, allowing airflow to both the heater outlet floor ducts and the windshield defroster nozzle there is also some air flow to the A/C side window demisters.

l The panel/defrost door is in the no vacuum position directing airflow to the windshield defroster hose nozzle.

l If equipped with a center console, the rear seat passenger A/C damper door will be in the no vacuum position, closing off airflow to the rear seat passenger A/C registers.

l The A/C compressor will be enabled when FLOOR/DEFROST is selected to dehumidify the air and reduce windshield fogging, if the outside air temperature is above 10º C (50º F).

DEFROST
View attachment 828468599

When DEFROST is selected:

l The air inlet duct doors are in the no vacuum position, admitting outside air.

l Both the panel/defrost door and the floor/panel door are in the no vacuum position so that most of the incoming air is directed to the windshield defroster hose nozzle. There is also airflow to the A/C side window demisters.

l The temperature setting will determine the amount of air that is directed through the heater core and the amount that bypasses the heater core.

l The A/C compressor will be enabled when DEFROST is selected to dehumidify the air and reduce windshield fogging, if the outside air temperature is above 10º C (50º F).

Climate Control System Electrical Components

climate control system electrical components copy.jpg
climate control system electrical components copy2.jpg

climate control system electrical components copy.jpg

climate control system electrical components copy2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back