2000 Cadillac Seville - 13 Codes present

jruppert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I usually post in the Lincoln side of the forum but I have some questions about 2000 Seville that my cousin owns. She bought this Seville in March and I have no idea how many miles are on it.

My cousin brought it to me this evening with a brake issue after having all 4 brakes replaced. I didnt spend a whole lot of time with them but I believe the brakes are junk (inferior quality parts). I did find two front out tie rods that were dangerously loose which I will be repairing for her on Saturday.

She had a check engine light and so I decided to run codes. This is what i found..

C1246
C1252
C1253
U1000
P0036
P0140
P0141
P0300
P0340
P0440
P0741
P1652
P1056

I have never seen so many codes! Where to start?? I am starting to believe that she has an electrical issue somewhere that I will attempt to tackle this weekend. I dont have much history on car but what I do know is that she is showing something about brakes needing replaced on dash, speed limited to 90 mph. She said something about them replacing air into the suspension. Not really sure what that is about. She showed me a pintle valve on the bottom side of rear bumper. I owned an Aurora a few years back and I do not recall it having this.

I am beginning to wonder if she bought someone else's headache.

Those cars are nice new but kinda junk at this point. You might want to test the alternator and the battery with a volt meter because eletrical systems can freak if there isn't enough voltage

Members online

No members online now.
Back