2000 Cadillac Seville - 13 Codes present

Cadillac Seville / Cadillac STS

1. jruppert

jruppert Active LVC Member

Hello everyone.

I usually post in the Lincoln side of the forum but I have some questions about 2000 Seville that my cousin owns. She bought this Seville in March and I have no idea how many miles are on it.

My cousin brought it to me this evening with a brake issue after having all 4 brakes replaced. I didnt spend a whole lot of time with them but I believe the brakes are junk (inferior quality parts). I did find two front out tie rods that were dangerously loose which I will be repairing for her on Saturday.

She had a check engine light and so I decided to run codes. This is what i found..

C1246
    C1252
    C1253
    U1000
    P0036
    P0140
    P0141
    P0300
    P0340
    P0440
    P0741
    P1652
    P1056

I have never seen so many codes! Where to start?? I am starting to believe that she has an electrical issue somewhere that I will attempt to tackle this weekend. I dont have much history on car but what I do know is that she is showing something about brakes needing replaced on dash, speed limited to 90 mph. She said something about them replacing air into the suspension. Not really sure what that is about. She showed me a pintle valve on the bottom side of rear bumper. I owned an Aurora a few years back and I do not recall it having this.

I am beginning to wonder if she bought someone else's headache.

2. jruppert

jruppert Active LVC Member

1858 views and 0 replies..

3. opalescent 96

opalescent 96 Active LVC Member

Those cars are nice new but kinda junk at this point. You might want to test the alternator and the battery with a volt meter because eletrical systems can freak if there isn't enough voltage

4. Darrell85

Darrell85 LVC Member

I agree, and it may be an issue with the fuses and control module