20" Enkei Kapones are finally on

Dead President

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Exactly 8 months after purchase I finally got the rims I decided on. They are Enkei Kapone 20x8.5 5x108mm bolt pattern +43mm offset. Tires are Nitto 555s 245/35/20. Yes my car is lowered(1.5in) and there is some rubbing. I have been driving around for a few days on them and it barely rubs on the inside liner on both tires in the front. I am going to get all fenders rolled because I like the ride and stance. Just a FYI, it only rubs when you go over a large hump at high speeds(40+) and when the suspension unloads and it comes back down it will rub.

Now for the ride. After reading countless posts about sacrificing handling I almost did not buy 20's. I can honestly say that it is barely noticeable. I'm sure if you are auto-xing it will be very noticeable. I am driving the speed limit to point a and b, I am not taking corners at high speeds for any odd reason. That's just my driving style, if you like handling do not buy 20s, nuff said. Also, everyone posted that "you will feel every bump in the road" well, going from stock 17s to 20s I must say there is hardly any difference from "feeling" the road. It feels like it glides if you ask me. It turns a lot sharper at very low speeds, too. Parking lots and such, etc.. I washed it a few days ago and I have not had time to clean the rims up perfectly.

Anyway, on to the pics :dancefool

IMAG001.jpg

IMAG002.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG003.jpg

IMAG004.jpg

:L

very nice, clean slik look.

yea been readin same posts,, almost ready to get 19's instead.. i like handlin,, like drivin lil faster,, but not a race deamon,,lol

u think it rubs more cause u lowered 1.5? maybe a 1'' drop wouldnt rub?

gorgeous, where did u get em? do u get any shaking at high speeds, i do, now, i gotta get em balanced. but beware of the rear rubbing in the back, my tires got all scratched up from the wheel well. especially if u have people in the back.

I got the rims through a coworker. His brother is an asst mgr at a local NTB and he got me a really good deal. Tires were through the link in your sig. I had been talking to Brad a while about rims and tires and he had the best deal on tires. I highly recommend them(850 customs) for deals on wheels. Funny thing tho and I must say I'm a cheap bastard with expensive taste, well both distributors told me they barely made any money off the deal, if that. It was funyn when Brad told me because I laughed thinking that Robert at NTB told me the same thing lol

and there is no shaking at high speeds, I drove on the freeway last night for a good 20min at or around 70mph.

Looks good, get some more pics in the day pleaseee. I want to see the bling off the wheels!

Better pics are coming soon. It's been raining off and on everyday here in Houston...almost unpredictable. I want to be able to wash and wax it.

Thx for the compliments everyone I'm liking how the LS is turning out, more mods are in the near future

Members online

Back