2 Questions ..

xarruda89x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright lets start off with the heat in the car, is it normal if you have the fan on full blast and then step on the gas pedal more air is released? Like say if im stopped, the air isnt as strong, then i go again it gets strong .. Get what im saying? lol

Another one, the owners manual says once the rear window defroster is activated both side view mirrors become heated. If i put my finger on the glass that thing is cold, its not getting heated. But i have to pay more attention when theres fog and ice on it. Usually heated mirrors have a symbol on them saying their heated but the LS doesnt have that.

Just a few things I'm unsure about.

Thanks

yes - normal. at idle your alternator is not delievering max output - so all the electricals are running low. Once you bring up the RPMs, it is at the proper state.

I believe all LSes have heated mirrors. Mine does and there is no markings to state that it is. I can't say how 'warn' they get to the touch - chances are they have not been on in Texas.

I don't think they get warm enough to feel in cold weather, just warm enough not to fog.

Your alternator may be weak or overloaded (did you add any big electrical loads) if you notice a big difference. A small difference is okay. Get a voltmeter and check your voltage at idle. It should be at least 13 volts. 13.8 to 14.4 is ideal.

BTW - I run a smaller pulley on my alternator to help with the idle issue. I have an upgtraded alternator but a lot of electronics+stereo

yes - normal. at idle your alternator is not delievering max output - so all the electricals are running low. Once you bring up the RPMs, it is at the proper state.

I believe all LSes have heated mirrors. Mine does and there is no markings to state that it is. I can't say how 'warn' they get to the touch - chances are they have not been on in Texas.

+1.

And the mirrors only get hot enough to just start melting anything on them and not fog up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back