2 questions

slickemhoundd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
#1- How much can our motors handle? I was going to get a new 4.6 all bolt ons and id like to put on a root blower (i know i can go vortech but im a fan of the whinin) Now i looked into getting a motor built to handle anything i throw at it and i guess it would be worth it but im just looking to build a sick street strip car for now even tho i should make it a one shot kill instead of doing it twice. Would i regret using a base motor?

#2- I havent put in my fuel pump yet which i should do (probably most of the issue) soon but my question is if im at a dead stop and tap the gas it will jump and seem like its going to stall, reverse too. And it tends to be real bogy between gears (bogs more per higher gear) unless almost to the floor. And between 40 and 50 with overdrive on it vibrates when accelerating.

Any input appriciated

I'd make sure to throw a new rotating assembily in there; all forged. It will last a whole lot longer under FI conditions.

Check out DSS or various other engine companies.

Thanks for those sites the carbed 4.6s look like fun.... Does anyone else have answers for me? #2 more so?

VT Competition engines, stage 3 motor sports, livernois motor sports, CNC Motor sports, Haney motor sports.... That should be enough of a list. If you want something really fun, buy a big bore kit, have your block resleeved (just take it to the machine shop with the rotating assembly and tell them you want it sleeved for those pistons... get it balanced while you're there)... That will give you 5.0L of displacement and move your power curve up in the RPM range.

You could also build a stroker... that would move your power curve down in the RPM range but still yield the same HP/TQ per Cubic Inch when build identically. Running bigger bump-sticks will put your power curve higher in the RPM band and also allow the engine to breath a bit better, making a little better numbers... stroker will also provide 5.0L of displacement.

OR

You can do a big bore stroker... 5.2L displacement... but this starts to get a touch on the pricey side (if the two previously mentioned routes aren't already pricey enough).

GOOD LUCK!

put in the fuel pump, replace filter, verify line pressure at fuel rail. If all checks out fine... start looking at failing injectors or even ignition problems.

Members online

Back