2 more noob questions

Chaoticbastard

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello again I havent touched the car for about a week now.Well today I started it up and if anyone recalls I had a thread about an oil leak up front near the filter.The car hasnt ran in about 5 days,Today I started it and WOW:eek: The oil was pouring out like crazy.Im hoping it isnt anything worse then what you guys suggested it slowed down when the car warmed up but scared the heLL out of me
2.I bought the amp bypass harness $20bucks.Anyways I went to try to drop down that tray that the amp lays on and I cant get it down.My main question with that is what are the other 2 boxes up there with the amp?I dont want to yank it down and tear wires out.Just wondering what Im looking at before trying to drop it again....yay!

The tray is a pain to drop because I believe there is two bolts holding it in. The only way to access those is to remove the rear deck cover, the only way to do that is to remove the rear seat! I think the other two boxes is for the mobile phone and compass?

Nice "how-to" in that other thread. They should put that in the tech setion.
I have to do mine too soon. I have the gasket, it's been sitting in my trunk for weeks. Did it take 3 hours because you had to figure out how to get at the bolts? I don't know if I have the patience to spend 3 hours on it.

Rear Tray

I can't help with the oil leak, but when I had to remove the rear tray to get to the amp, I did everything from the trunk. All of the clips and such were all accessible from the trunk. I do not have my diagrams at work, but I know for sure that I did not have to remove tha back seat or the rear deck shelf.

I remember a bolt between two clips, one on each side. These were Gen2's but I don't see why that should make a difference. I might be installing another stereo this weekend so I'll check then.

Members online

No members online now.
Back