2 Issues with A/C...need help!!!

1CleanLs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I finally replaced the DCCV on my 03 LS V8 and followed the bleeding procedure as described in the tech article, but I am still getting HOT air thru all vents. I do not hear the compressor engaging when I press A/C, leading me to believe that there is an issue with the compressor or something else. The first month of owning the car, the A/C worked beautifully until the fuse started blowing.The #1 fuse no longer blows and I hear the DCCV "click" when I put the fuse in. I tried the DATC Self Test by pressing OFF, DEFROST and AUTO but I am not getting any codes (nothing happens). Also when I turn on the fan or heat, the A/C light above the A/C button lights up (automatically turns A/C on every time). I am not sure if I need to recharge the A/C system or if there is another issue.Thanks for your time/help!

Are you getting hot air or just not cooled (warm) air?
Did you ever replace the fuse with a higher rated one? (If so, you may have blown the DATC.)
What diagnostic codes were you getting from the DATC before you changed the DCCV?
Do you mean that you aren't getting any codes out (test ends in all "8"s), or that you can't enter the diagnostic test?

I am getting warm air.... I never tried a higher amp fuse only 10 amp...and I am not getting anything from the DATC when i press OFF,DEFROST,AUTO (it stays the same, nothing happens)

I am getting warm air.... I never tried a higher amp fuse only 10 amp...and I am not getting anything from the DATC when i press OFF,DEFROST,AUTO (it stays the same, nothing happens)

You press Off and Defrost at the same time first, release and then press Auto.

is entered by pressing the OFF and DEFROST buttons simultaneously and then pressing the AUTO button within 2 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.
concludes by reporting all on-demand DTCs. Follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION in the DTC index for each DTC given.
reports individual on-demand DTCs as 4-digit DTCs (less the alpha character).
will calibrate all the mode doors and check all analog inputs. The DATC module will only report on-demand (hard) faults that occurred while the DATC module was conducting its self-test.
will light all control panel display segments if no faults are detected.
will report individual on-demand DTCs without the °C symbol lit.

To exit the self-test, press the DEFROST button. This will clear all on-demand codes from the DATC module memory. If no button is pushed, DTCs will continue to be displayed.

If you get no codes, then the next stop is to check the AC refrigerant pressure.

I pressed OFF and DEFROST, released and pressed AUTO and it goes straight in A/C mode (as if I only pressed AUTO by itself....its not giving me any codes.

Could low refrigerant keep the compressor from turning on?....if I am not getting any codes from DATC, does it mean there is nothing wrong with it?

Ran the test again and it didn't display any codes, everything on the display lit up instead (both temps, all vent arrows, fan logo & speed etc.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back