2 codes of the same

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I noticed by my exhaust sound what sounds like small misfire, but subtle. Scanned and got slow circuit response. So I'm assuming ignition coils.

I just did them 7 months ago. But I did not do the Sparks. So do them both?

(I am unable to use fomoco due to very high cost Canadian).

Screenshot_2019-06-15-16-12-23-437_org.prowl.torque.png

Screenshot_2019-06-15-16-09-44-951_com.android.chrome.png

I’ve used wells airtek coils with ngk plugs in my 01v6 and running great with water dripping from exhaust still today.

I want to try the new ngk coils on the v6 when these go out and I only run motorcraft coils and ngk plugs on my 06 because it’s very sensitive.

Last edited:
So....
Last time I posted, JoeGR mentioned it might be my cats sensor. I think he's right.
I punched it a few times on the hiway back, I smelled carbon, and then scanned. The codes greyed out (ECU was clearing). Then when I got off the hiway, and gave it a few more redlines, codes went away. Engine hums smooth.

(It wasn't really a noticeable misfire before, like, it was ever so slightly, and I detected it because of the loud exhaust. But it could be in my head.)

I seafoamed it last time (using the compressed can, not liquid) and CEL went away for a bit. Then came back. So I did ignition coils. CEL Went away for 4 months. Came back in spring, I punched it, and CEL goes away.

So I'm suspecting either I have clogged cats, bad O2 sensors, or Carbon build up. Or a combination of the above.

EDIT: I may change the fuel filter.

Screenshot_2019-06-15-16-38-44-812_org.prowl.torque.png

Screenshot_2019-06-15-17-01-49-322_org.prowl.torque.png

Last edited:
I'd pull the plugs and see if they are carboned up. If so... probably due to the less restrictive exhaust. If so... you could try going one heat range hotter/higher on the plugs.

Members online

Back