2.35... jumped .20 in 2 hours

Jamler3 said:
My car has never had anything less than Premium gas...
In fact, I add the Lucas Cleaner/Boost every 5 tanks. It's worth it!
Its a fact that the vehicle runs better... Just start telling your girl about
compression ratios and the quick burn effect of the lower octane gas.....
Trust me, She'll never say anything again!!

I like the approach... she will certainly tire of all teh technical details and make a rapid retreat. Hold on I am writting all of this down for furture reference. :Beer

Dartastic said:
OMG!! Im averaging over 20 mpg in my first almost 2 weeks of LS V8 ownership! Thats after getting 10 to 12 MPG in my Broncos! Ive never owned anything smaller than a V8 and doubt I ever will. Windstar doesnt count! Thats for the misses. Drive the car and dont compromise by getting something from overseas,,, even if it is built in the states!! :L

You are right and I have stuck with American cars so far (if you include my SHO that had a Yamaha engine in it). :) The poor gas mileage is due to my crappy drive. I rarely get to 40 mph on the way home from work, and only get to 60 mph at the end of the trip to work. So...most of the trip is idling and stop and go. Oh...this is on a freeway. They may as well put up some stop lights, at least then people would have an excuse as to why they stop. Slow construction, many stupid drivers and over-crowded growing area in a smaller city are causing the problems. On the North side of town, traffic is great! I used to love that drive, although it was 3 times the mileage, I still used the same amount of gas.

eL eS said:
you should say i your neck of the corn. ba.da.dum! You guys have ethanol in the gas out in your neck of the corn. Is that stuff safe?
Ya most gas stations have 89 with ethanol. Not sure if its safe to run or not
but i know that it burns a lot hotter than regular gas making most engines run a little warmer but that whats what a few people have told me with their cars

Hi All

I love reading all these posts whinging about the price of gas, you guys just don't know how well off you are.

95 Octane - $6.46
98 Octane - $7.20
Diesel - $6.69

Regards

Dereck

hey i live in winter park fl near orlando we ae paying 2.25 or so for the good stuff my v6 ls is only gettting about 17 mpg or so with a/c off is that about right??

where do you all get your gas?
so high octane ratio.
here in WA, I cant find anything higher than 91.
it's $2.49 for 91.
of course, my Ls doesnt touch anything but 91.
it hurts to pay $40 for full tank when my GF's honda takes less than $20.
It's better than my brother's Jeep (5.9L V8)

SilverLS said:
hey i live in winter park fl near orlando we ae paying 2.25 or so for the good stuff my v6 ls is only gettting about 17 mpg or so with a/c off is that about right??

Hey silverLS do you think you might be up to meeting a few other LvCers at the fantasy of flight on April 9th?

Check out this thread. I think if we we can get a group together to register at teh same time for teh 1 day registration that the reg fee gets dropped to 12 bux. That gets you and one guest in with your car and you geta photo of your car with the P51 mustangs.

The first car pays 25 and the additional cars pay 12. i will pay the 25 and the rest of you can get in for 12.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=6171

I will have some more details by this weekend posted in that link above.

I'm glad a place here has premium for the same price as plus on fridays, it saves $.1 a gallon, not bad.

i might get a SAM's card and start gassin up there. I have been told it is around 10 cent cheaper than other stations.

Dereck said:
Hi All

I love reading all these posts whinging about the price of gas, you guys just don't know how well off you are.

95 Octane - $6.46
98 Octane - $7.20
Diesel - $6.69

Regards

Dereck

Hey DERECK... Yeah, I know the gas prices in UK are really high, but there is a significant amount more in tax you pay in that! You don't have hardly any TOLL ROADS... We pay tolls in NY/NJ for going 3 miles sometimes...
We pay $7.00 to cross some bridges... IMHO, I'd prefer to pay more at the tank and less on the road... Because I want to drive not pay tolls!!

A bit of a trade off here or there, anyway you look at it, they're gonna getcha!!!

JC

7.00 damn what the average atandard of living otu there, whats the minimum wage there. and i have a sames clubs card it saves on average 5-6 cents, but you spend the time driving around trying to find one here by the time you get there youve wasted the 5-6 cents. but if your around it delinitly worth it.

i usually let my gas light come on before filling up...about 275 miles before needing a fill..every monday, the mobil has premium for $0.05 a gal cheaper which ended up being $2.32 a gallon after the discount. :(
if i lived in chicago, i'd be paying $2.69 a gallon for 93!!!

wow someone said 100 octane... 98 octane?!! yikes! highest i've ever used was 93!

luckieleo said:
i usually let my gas light come on before filling up...about 275 miles before needing a fill..every monday, the mobil has premium for $0.05 a gal cheaper which ended up being $2.32 a gallon after the discount. :(
if i lived in chicago, i'd be paying $2.69 a gallon for 93!!!

wow someone said 100 octane... 98 octane?!! yikes! highest i've ever used was 93!

Ya the 76's RACING FUEL :)
http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cach...acing+fuel&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&strip=1

Members online

Back