1st Lincoln after lots of Mustangs & Tbirds

Old Blue

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello from Humboldt Arizona.
Last week we purchased our first Lincoln, a 1995 base model Mark VIII. It is Portofino Blue and has the landau top (or whatever Lincoln calls it). It has an Arnott spring conversion kit, Flowmaster Mufflers, Dayton wire wheels.
In the first week we had the transmission fluid & filter replaced,
did a four wheel alignment job, put on New Michelin tires, and gave it a thorough scrubbing & power washing.
We did an oil & filter change, installed a K & N Air Filter
fixed a door ajar message & eliminated the air ride error message, and installed a courtesy light lens on the passenger door .
There are still a few bugs to take care of, like the driver's seat only works part-time, The remote entry connector behind the glove box doesn't lock/unlock the doors when shorted out, and a few pieces of interior trim are still missing.
We have ordered new side chrome trim and LED light bulbs for the low headlights, and we're in the process of searching for new ivory upholstery for the seats.
Left side.jpg

Ron & Sue

Hi and welcome to LVC!

You'll like this site a lot. Plenty of friendly helpful people. There is a wealth of info on here.

May I guide you to Temple Performance, and Super Coupe Performance both of which have restoration parts for Mark VIIIs'.
Nice Dayton wheels. They might have to be resealed before while, there is a sticky strip going on the inside of the rim. The tires are going to have to be removed for this. It is typical maintenance. Here is the website for your viewing which will provide all the info you need: Dayton Wire Wheels

I would also like to tell you about Lincoln and Continental Owners Club (LCOC). It's a group club, for $48.00 a year you get a magazine, along with advertisement for selling anything car related. They have group meet up events and car shows all over the country. The best part of the deal is you get Ford X-Plan discount on any new Ford or Lincoln whether you buy or lease. The more popular the vehicle the more money you save! Savings range from $700.00-$7,000.00 I'm a member and its a great resource for parts and also to meet people! Also check out Mark VIII Addicts: Lincoln Mark VIII Addicts

Happy Motoring, remember honor the timeless classics and don't crush'em restore'em!!

Thank you Svets96 for the plethora of information. I will check out the two sites that you mentioned.
Ron

I looked at the Dayton site, but didn't find any info about resealing the wheels.
As I understand it these wheels are about 4 years old, and have about 30,000 miles on them.

Does anyone on here know how often Dayton recommends resealing their wheels?
Ron

I've listed a Youtube video on resealing and other info in the comments section from people who have them. Keep an eye on your tire pressure as to spot anything that is wrong. Another thing wire wheels are not meant to go past a certain speed in other words no high speed runs. Make sure a tire shop can balance and align Daytons, plus they have to use a special adapter to mount tires on, so the wheels don't get screwed up.

Video:

I had looked into getting them for my Continental. As I researched Daytons just were to much of a hassle. It worried me to much. Not saying their bad or anything just not what I was looking for. If you post a new thread in the Mark VIII section and or the wheel and tire section you will get more views to help you.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back