1st Gen LS, Lows stay on with high beam mod?

Black_LS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone I'm new to the LVC fourms, I had a question.

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS 5 speed, and when I turn the high beams on the low beams turn off. It's something that bothers me since when I had my 2005 All the lights (except fog) stayed on when I switched on my high beams. I've seen a few videos about how to do them to different cars but none for the LS. Has anyone ever done this to an First gen who could give me some tips. I'm also running 6000k LED's in both High/low.

Thanks!

Black_LS

26857203_10212183317551402_1058663169_n.jpg
Added a light bar and tied it into the high beams with a relay. Wonder if you can do the same with the low beams.
26754094_10212158860739997_1094859769_n.jpg

My first recommendation would be taking out the LEDs. I guarantee you they have excessive glare, less throw, and more foreground, which is all the opposite of what you want in a beam, not to mention the shape of LED "filaments" vary greatly from halogen filaments and cause all kinds of beam anomalies

Yes, you can add a pair of relays. Conveniently since its a ground-switched system, you don't really have to run a power wire. Just ground out the negative side when the relay is triggered.

My first recommendation would be taking out the LEDs. I guarantee you they have excessive glare, less throw, and more foreground, which is all the opposite of what you want in a beam, not to mention the shape of LED "filaments" vary greatly from halogen filaments and cause all kinds of beam anomalies

Yes, you can add a pair of relays. Conveniently since its a ground-switched system, you don't really have to run a power wire. Just ground out the negative side when the relay is triggered.

What exactly would I need to do this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back