19's with a 35 offset

BlueLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got some 19" Foose Speedsters on the way with a 35 offset (widths are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. Tires are 235/35 front and 265/30 rear). I've seen a lot of threads about 20's and a 35 off set rubbing, but nothing about 19's (i may have missed something though).

I think/hope i got the right wheel/tire combo for the front and back, I'm just worried about the offset.

My car isn't lowered yet, so i don't think i will have any problems right now, but i plan on installing Eibach springs within the next couple months.

Do you think i will have any problems with rubbing once it's lowered??

If so, it would probably only be on rough roads and bumps, so would installing Sport model shocks (to stiffen it up a little) help?

Thanks in advance!!

(I'll post pics once i get them, and my new drilled/slotted rotors installed!!)

Hey man, I look forward to seeing the 19" Foose. I have 18" Speedsters myself with a 45 mm offset. I am not sure about the 35 mm offset seems a little low. I thought with the Foose the lowest recommended was 40 but I am unsure now with your tire/wheel set up. Maybe Artur can help us out he has always been the expert. ;) I remember him saying once that the Foose are special because they will rub less than your typical wheel.

If it all works out well I look forward to seeing your pictures. If you are interested here is my Speedster setup. 18 x 8.5 45 offset. 245/40 tires. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2419456

Sorry to tell you this man but if you lower your car your going to have real big problems with rubbing on 9.5 with a 35 offset.

Hey man, I look forward to seeing the 19" Foose. I have 18" Speedsters myself with a 45 mm offset. I am not sure about the 35 mm offset seems a little low. I thought with the Foose the lowest recommended was 40 but I am unsure now with your tire/wheel set up. Maybe Artur can help us out he has always been the expert. ;) I remember him saying once that the Foose are special because they will rub less than your typical wheel.

If it all works out well I look forward to seeing your pictures. If you are interested here is my Speedster setup. 18 x 8.5 45 offset. 245/40 tires. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2419456

Yup, i found a link to your cardomain page when i was reading all of the rim related threads. Looks nice, hopefully my car looks that good with these rims.

The reasons i went with this tire/wheel setup were...
1. A slightly wider tire in the rear for better traction (RWD)
2. A lower offset to keep the wider rims/tires from rubbing on the inside of the fender wells.
3. A slightly lower profile tire in the rear because of the lower offset, from what i've read most of the rubbing is in the rear (and it makes the car look a little more normal as far as the tire to fender gap compared to the front because of the 1/2" lower ride in the back)

Sorry to tell you this man but if you lower your car your going to have real big problems with rubbing on 9.5 with a 35 offset.
Thats why i got the slightly lower profile tire in the rear. Plus, from what i've read, other people are running 35 tires on 20's and have little rubbing (sometime none) after removing a small piece of the plastic in the fender well (i would prefer not to do that, but will if i have to). I will be running 19's with a slightly lower profile tire.

Aside from that, i think most of the rubbing will just be over bumps, so if i stiffen up the suspension a little that should take care of it (hopefully, and I've been considering doing that anyways, so no big deal).

A slightly lower profile wont help much. Most of the people that run 20's run 20x8.5 with a high offset of 45 or more.

You would need to get more negative camber and the LS wasn't made for that but people have figured out tricks with simple washers to add negative camber for other cars as well as fabricating camber plates and such. Also even with most of the rubbing in the back you have to consider the front end when at lock. Will the wheels clear when going around a turn? They might seem flush when they are straight but?????

I don't suggest stiffening up the suspension much for this case either or you will rattle the interior apart and end up with a sore back.

2. A lower offset to keep the wider rims/tires from rubbing on the inside of the fender wells.

Trust me you wont need to worry about that.

Sorry to tell you this man, but you got the wrong offset. What is the offset for the rear wheel? 35 is low for the front 8.5" wheel. If the rear is 35 too then they are gonna be stickin way out.

I would resell them.

Artur.

Resell them or get 3mm milled off the wheels and roll the fenders, pray they fit.

Members online

Back