1999 Lincoln Continental Sporadic Starting

steved

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I have a 1999 Lincoln continental w/ about 115k miles.

About a month ago I tried to start it and it would not start. It would amke the ka-ka-ka- noise but the engine would not turn over.

At first I thought it was a fuel pump (which it still could be). I called a tow truck to get it towed. When the tow truck finally arrived we tried starting it again and it started. It worked fine for another week. Then it wouldn't start again. I had it towed to a local mechanic who said they ran a diagnostics on the car and it said something w/ your anti-theft security system/key had issues which a dealer need to fix.

I had a spare key so I started using that key thinking the micro-chip in the key itself was corrupt.

About a week later it wouldn't start again. This time I took the leads off the battery for about 5 minutes and the menu said "check traction control" it did however start.

Today it would not start I did the same thing and the car still didn't start...I reset all of the settings and turned-off the traction control. It finally started. I am stalling out sparingly at traffic lights...I still believe I have a bad fuel pump or injectors or oxygen sensor.

Has anyone came across this issue??? Or does anyone think they might know what's wrong or how I can check it? The car is no longer under warranty. And I really don't want to have to take it to the dealer...

Thanks in Advance

Steve

steved said:
Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I have a 1999 Lincoln continental w/ about 115k miles.

About a month ago I tried to start it and it would not start. It would amke the ka-ka-ka- noise but the engine would not turn over.

At first I thought it was a fuel pump (which it still could be). I called a tow truck to get it towed. When the tow truck finally arrived we tried starting it again and it started. It worked fine for another week. Then it wouldn't start again. I had it towed to a local mechanic who said they ran a diagnostics on the car and it said something w/ your anti-theft security system/key had issues which a dealer need to fix.

I had a spare key so I started using that key thinking the micro-chip in the key itself was corrupt.

About a week later it wouldn't start again. This time I took the leads off the battery for about 5 minutes and the menu said "check traction control" it did however start.

Today it would not start I did the same thing and the car still didn't start...I reset all of the settings and turned-off the traction control. It finally started. I am stalling out sparingly at traffic lights...I still believe I have a bad fuel pump or injectors or oxygen sensor.

Has anyone came across this issue??? Or does anyone think they might know what's wrong or how I can check it? The car is no longer under warranty. And I really don't want to have to take it to the dealer...

Thanks in Advance

Steve
odds are you have a crankshaft or camshaft sensor failing.if light is on go get the codes pulled at autozone and post back

Members online

No members online now.
Back