1999 Ford SVT Contour F/S or Trade

Mooby

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I got a 1999 Ford Contour SVT for sale or trade. It's got 114,000 miles. Had transmission service and a new clutch put in on 1/26/06. I have the receipt for it. Mechanically, the car is in great condition. The engine runs strong, tranny shifts smooth, and everything works. Has nice leather interior, power locks, power driver's seat, power mirrors, power windows, sliding moonroof. Has a 200hp 2.5L duratec engine and mtx-75 5 speed tranny. Stock except for K&N air filter and B&M short shifter. The car looks great from 10 feet away, but up close, there are a few noticeable dings/blemishes. I'm looking for $4,200 obo or trade for whatever you got. Any reasonable offers will be considered. I am willing to travel a reasonable distance. E-mail me for more info/pics.
whitey138473@yahoo.com

The car looks very nice. Do you use it as a daily driver? I need something to drive to school and work everyday.

Mooby said:
The car looks very nice. Do you use it as a daily driver? I need something to drive to school and work everyday.

I drive it almost every day, and it is my daily driver. My fiancée and I drive to work together almost every day, so we switch between her cougar and my Lincoln. I would drive it anywhere and have the utmost faith in it. I have only broken down once in it, and that was due to a seized smog pump. It has a new pump, and I now carry a spare "shorty" belt in case it should ever happen again. I've driven it 500 miles to upstate New York and back, I have driven it 400 miles to Rhode Island and back a few times, and I would drive the 210 miles back and forth to college on a regular basis in it. It is definately a reliable vehicle, especially due to the fact that I keep it in great running condition. However, the cosmetics are not perfect. That is outlined in my other thread I linked to.

no, for some reason ebay ended the auction. They said that the title was misrepresenting the car or something??? It said it might be because it could have a rebuilt or salvage title, but the title i have clearly says standard. So, i dont know what's going on with it.

Maybe someone ran the VIN and reported you? I would do a carfax and check it out.

Mooby said:
no, for some reason ebay ended the auction. They said that the title was misrepresenting the car or something??? It said it might be because it could have a rebuilt or salvage title, but the title i have clearly says standard. So, i dont know what's going on with it.

Sounds rough. I can be in your neck of the woods with less than a 4 hour drive. I could save you some headaches. :p Joking, just let me know what happens.

trying to sell this car has been such a hastle for me...first i sell it, then the guy doesn't pay. so, i have to get a new clutch in for a thousand bucks. now ebay takes my car off? this sucks, lol. I'm definately still considering a trade. But, you said something in your other post about the passenger door? what's the deal with that?

Mooby said:
I got a 1999 Ford Contour SVT for sale or trade. It's got 114,000 miles. Had transmission service and a new clutch put in on 1/26/06. I have the receipt for it. Mechanically, the car is in great condition. The engine runs strong, tranny shifts smooth, and everything works. Has nice leather interior, power locks, power driver's seat, power mirrors, power windows, sliding moonroof. Has a 200hp 2.5L duratec engine and mtx-75 5 speed tranny. Stock except for K&N air filter and B&M short shifter. The car looks great from 10 feet away, but up close, there are a few noticeable dings/blemishes. I'm looking for $4,200 obo or trade for whatever you got. Any reasonable offers will be considered. I am willing to travel a reasonable distance. E-mail me for more info/pics.
whitey138473@yahoo.com

Hey, I used to have a 98 Contour sport. I was on the contour Enthusiest site. did you try selling there? www.Contour.org?

sorry dude. When I bought mine, I should have bought the SVT. the price was higher than the sport. But I loved my car. Hated to trade it off. But with back problems, I couldn't shift without some pain in the hip.

Good luck on the sale.

Mooby said:
...But, you said something in your other post about the passenger door? what's the deal with that?

Yes, the passanger door solenoid died a long time ago. The solenoids that came with the shaved-door kit were junk, and it locked up after about six months. I have found a much better design for them and can swap the solenoid out before I let the car change hands. It's just not a priority for me right now, especially with cold weather. The solenoid I would put in its place is much better quality and will last much longer; the one in the drivers door is much better than the old one.

It looks like this car has a salvage title. Must have happened in a different state, because it has a standard NJ title. I don't want to take too much of a loss on this, so i'm asking $3500 obo or a trade. any reasonable offers will be considered.

I have a '97 Continental I would offer....but I am most likely too far away, although I would trust my car to drive anywhere...if by chance you are interested, LMK

Members online

No members online now.
Back