1998 markviii motor swap help

badlx

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i know someone here can help me.... and ive run out of ideas. haha

i bought a mark, drove it for a few months, then took the motor/trans etc out for a motor swap into my fox mustang. I have it all together, and running.... but there are a few issues. I cannot get the multiplex to work, because omited a few of the modules in the system, but one of them (or more) is the culprit i think.

My OBDII port will power up my scanner, but the scanner cannot comunicate with the computer. my gauge cluster does not work at all (i fit the mark gauge cluster in the mustang), the fan controller is going into some kind of limp mode and running the fan all the time and not varying the speed. It also has a hanging idle and the tune is off because i added a cobra intake, BBK air intake, and accufab throttle body, and also( not affecting the tune yet) a set of 4.11's.

Things that i know i removed, the drivers door module, the drivers seat module, the cell phone module, the lighting module, and the display.

I know that i can dump the mark computer and repin the wire harness and use a mach1 computer, but i will have to give up the IMRC's and i dont want to do that.... and i want as much of the mark viii parts retained as possible.

My guess is that the lighting module or the display(or both) are key parts to the system and need to get wired back in... so, am i headed in the right direction? or do i need all the modules back in? i sure hope not, thats a lot of stuff to hide under the dash and seats. haha.

here are some links to the project:
this one is my page for the car with pics: The Markstang

this one is to the build thread on another mustang site: Markstang Build Thread

any help would be appreciated.... i wana get the tune all wrapped up and get it to paint so it will be ready for FFF at knotts next month.

thanks
andy

The lighting module stores the info for the PATS keys.

I'd bet that's at least contributing to the problem.

sorry, i recycled it. i sold what i could first, then scrapped the rest.

The lighting module stores the info for the PATS keys.

I'd bet that's at least contributing to the problem.

i bought another scil module from a member here. i should have it by the weekend, and i will wire that back in and see if it helps. I did have the PATS disabled in the computer along with the smog stuff. i was hoping to not have to run much of the old modules....haha. well, i guess thats not gona happen.

i will keep adding them back in until i get the dash and the obd port to talk to each other... so i can get it tuned and move on.

Members online

Back