1998 Mark VIII

hediditin07

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone ,,Found this car for sale a couple miles from me for $1500 I have a couple questions First of all not that I had to be notified but this is the first Mark VIII I have seen with a vinyl /Cloth roof ? Is this rare for Mark VIII ? Also as you can see in pic air ride went out and vehicle is approximatly 6" to 8' inches off the ground is it safe to drive this way and if so for how long and how far? And finally would it be a good investment or a burden ,I am open for suggestions and opinions ..The car has alittle over 130k miles ..
Thanks

1998 Mark VIII.jpg

I wouldn't buy it personally due to the hideous top... The price is a little on the high side for a car with shot air ride, and generally looks to be in somewhat poor condition...

It really isn't a good idea to drive at all in that condition, only from where it sits to a trailer to where it is getting fixed...

As far as being a burden, well I'll say I wouldn't buy it if you are trying to make quick money as after the $1500+repairs you will be in at least $2000, and it is only worth $2000-$3000, MAYBE.... if you could get it for $500-$800 I would do it.

Hello everyone ,,Found this car for sale a couple miles from me for $1500 I have a couple questions First of all not that I had to be notified but this is the first Mark VIII I have seen with a vinyl /Cloth roof ? Is this rare for Mark VIII ? Also as you can see in pic air ride went out and vehicle is approximatly 6" to 8' inches off the ground is it safe to drive this way and if so for how long and how far? And finally would it be a good investment or a burden ,I am open for suggestions and opinions ..The car has alittle over 130k miles ..
Thanks

The top is rare in the sense not many of the cars had it installed but thats about it. Most people dont care for it.

Do not drive the car with the air suspension not working unless you want to destroy the suspension.

Its up to you if you want to buy it or not. Im sure if you do some research you can fix the air suspension...if you keep looking you can find one for not much more, without the top, with working airride.

Offer a grand for it then spend $400 on some coils if you really want it. As for reselling, the market is bad and you will not make much money.

Tell the guy you will only charge him $100.00 to tow it away for him! The top sucks, It's almost impossible to remove it and have it look good!(way to much work) There are other Mark VIII's out there for that amount,that are in way better condition. I wouldn't invest 2-3 grand in a car to get it from Sh*t condition to poor condition. The thing about the Mark VIII is, when it's in good condition, It's alot of car for the money. But in that condition, it will be a total disappointment and f**king night mare. KEEP ON LOOKING.

Print this thread and give it to him.

That car is worth MAYBE 800-900.00 if it runs properly.

Mark 8's are cars to be driven, they are not investments by any stretch of the imagination.

yea not a fan of the tops.....our 95 has a top and prob the best color combo for a top....triple black and its still ugly to me......esp now that its peeling.....i'd pass on it....

$800 or so would be good. If he agrees to that, buy the spring conversion and swap it in their driveway. Then drive it home.

and no matter what they say IT IS NOT NORMAL FOR THE SUSPENSION TO LEAK DOWN OVERNIGHT! if he has something like a rays switch have him drop it right in front of you (should only take a couple minutes AT MOST)

Pass on that HIDEOUS mark... Please...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit because of that top... YUCK!

Damn! That brown top is hideous! It doesn't go with the white exterior at all!

Just say NO to gag tops!

Members online

No members online now.
Back