1998 mark viii lsc performace modifications

billiam555

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hello everyone i have recently bought a 1998 mark viii lsc and i am looking to turn it into a monster i am not familiar with marks and would like to get as much feedback as possible i would like information on everything and anything

thanks

Wow. You don't ask much do ya?

That is too broad a question to be addressed in one thread. What you need to do is go to Google and search for what you're looking for. That will be quite a bit more effective than just asking a broad sweeping question. Good luck to ya!

hello everyone i have recently bought a 1998 mark viii lsc and i am looking to turn it into a monster i am not familiar with marks and would like to get as much feedback as possible i would like information on everything and anything

thanks

4.10 gears
3800 stall torque converter
Cobra intake swap
Kooks headers/full exhaust
Dytnotune
JMOD valve body modification
Drag Radials

Should be good for 13s with a little bit of luck and launching skillz.

If you want 12s, add a Vortech centrifugal blower to all of that.

Just do a search on everything I mentioned. INFINITE threads on here and other Mark VIII forums about it.

4.10 gears
3800 stall torque converter
Cobra intake swap
Kooks headers/full exhaust
Dytnotune
JMOD valve body modification
Drag Radials

Should be good for 13s with a little bit of luck and launching skillz.

If you want 12s, add a Vortech centrifugal blower to all of that.

Just do a search on everything I mentioned. INFINITE threads on here and other Mark VIII forums about it.

Don't forget the drive shaft.

and big brakes, big sway bars, and stiffer shocks.
no point in going fast if you can't stop too.

ontop of all the mods you listed will cams make a decent addition to power, i've also seen that you can get a conversion kit to fit in a 6 speed short throw that sounds right up my alley i'm basically looking for something around 700 horse when i'm done i figure i'll have to stiffen up the body for suck things

ontop of all the mods you listed will cams make a decent addition to power, i've also seen that you can get a conversion kit to fit in a 6 speed short throw that sounds right up my alley i'm basically looking for something around 700 horse when i'm done i figure i'll have to stiffen up the body for suck things

As long as you have big $$ you can do what ever. And you will need huge $$ to do your plans.

what do you consider huge money? i'm thinking along the lines of a full rebuild on the engine the cobra intake a supercharger a tune maybe the manual conversion stiffen the frame new rear end and i'm not sure if i should stay with the air ride with upgraded equipment or switch that out

what do you consider huge money? i'm thinking along the lines of a full rebuild on the engine the cobra intake a supercharger a tune maybe the manual conversion stiffen the frame new rear end and i'm not sure if i should stay with the air ride with upgraded equipment or switch that out

10-12G's min if you want cams add 1750

thats not to shabby to have that kinda of monster i picked up the car for almost nothing

ill be doing all the labor myself and i know i'm going to sound ignorant here but what is NED haha also i believe i'm going to do the intake swap rear end exhaust and run it like that for the summer then really get into it during the winter i actually just got it running today and it sounds very strong for not running in 3 years

A lot of high performance marks now it seems like. The car is very perfect for a cheap power monster though. My opinion if you want a well rounded car do chassis and suspension strengthening first.

ill be doing all the labor myself and i know i'm going to sound ignorant here but what is NED haha also i believe i'm going to do the intake swap rear end exhaust and run it like that for the summer then really get into it during the winter i actually just got it running today and it sounds very strong for not running in 3 years

New England Dragway. Also do you have a 555ci like I do in my stang?

i do not have a 555 it's just a old joke i haven't been to that race track in years

Buy a spare motor and transmission and build it. Then swap everything in when the time is right. This way the Mark wont sit idle.

yeah i figure once i get all the basics done and shes running good i plan on doing some licks and once shes cleaned up i'll post some pictures

Buy a spare motor and transmission and build it. Then swap everything in when the time is right. This way the Mark wont sit idle.

Yep 100% thats what i'm doing. I got the motor and trans and put 250 in pocket after selling all parts from parts car and the car. You can enjoy car and look for parts and deals.

you guys always forget about the flame stickers, window tint, and the stick on speed vents. thats 20 hp right there. lol

Well you will be going soon right? With all that new power your gonna lay down some times and take down KStromberg! LOL

With a blower, aftermarket cams, and a manual trans DUH!! I could have told ya that. And with 700 hp, DUH again!. Although I am putting faith in the fact that he will do all of that, but if he's got the money, that's half the battle right there. I'd like to go forced induction by next year because 13s are already getting boring to me. LOL

With a blower, aftermarket cams, and a manual trans DUH!! I could have told ya that. And with 700 hp, DUH again!. Although I am putting faith in the fact that he will do all of that, but if he's got the money, that's half the battle right there. I'd like to go forced induction by next year because 13s are already getting boring to me. LOL

No way you should still take him out!! LOL man do I have to spell out joking?:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back