1998 Mark VIII LSC (Black on Black) $1500

blekberg

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
See my add on AutoTrader (search for zip 62025) - a brief synopsis, I bought a replacement one at Knauz in North Chicago a few weeks ago, and have this one for sale - 154,000 mi and in good shape (especially the interior), except for having just blown the head gasket this weekend when showing the car.

Am offering it all AS-IS for $1500 through 5/14/09 - if I have no takers, I will be tearing it down and parting it out - this is a really good car and I had a blast owning it these last 3 years - so much so, I bought the identical one (model, year, color, etc at Knauz with only 46k on it - the new one is a real gem -> it has 3.73 gears already on the ride, and a rear custom exhaust - I just added a jammin stereo, tinted windows, and an SCT Programmer and this baby cooks - I love the new, but hate to sell this old one...)

Anyway - shoot me an email - this is available for pickup only (hence the blown head gasket) at my brother's place in Alton, IL (outside St Louis) (he was parting his old 97 last year).

Here is the nuts and bolts of the ride:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...n=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=0&standard=false

Price $1,500
Mileage 154,000
Body Style Coupe
Exterior Color Black
Interior Color Black
Engine 8 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission 4 Speed Automatic with Overdrive
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Doors Two Door
VIN 1LNFM92V5WY661654

Installed Options

* Driver Air Bag
* Anti-Lock Brakes
* Air Conditioning
* Alloy Wheels
* Cruise Control
* CD Player

* Passenger Air Bag
* Rear Window Defroster
* Leather Seats
* Power Door Locks
* Power Mirrors
* Power Windows

* Power Steering
* Power Seats
* Sunroof/Moonroof
* Tinted Glass
* Tilt Wheel

Seller's Description and Comments

Just updated this - reduced the price to $1500 firm for sale - this weekend it blew the headgasket - if it doesn't sell by 5/15 AS-IS, I will be tearing it down and selling the parts shortly thereafter. If you are handy with engines, you can get a great car at a great price! Have owned this since 6/2006 (97k mi). Mostly highway miles during my ownership. This has been a great car. Black Exterior & Interior Exterior: drivers headlight clear, passenger "fogged" (common cars like these) - very light hail damage, average scratches, etc common with the age & miles. Aftermarket wheels. Replaced air suspension system in December 2008 with Strutmasters lowered suspension kits - brakes & calipers replaced all the way around in December 2008. Interior: Tinted windows - Kenwood CD/MP3 Player w/USB connector (includes iPod connection cord), Infinity component speakers (separate tweeters), Kenwood or Pioneer (can't remember) rear speakers, and Kicker powered sub box in trunk. Performance Mods: Jet Performance Products Computer Chip, aftermarket mufflers & tip, and K&N filter. Stock HP 290, estimated new HP at 320. Will need new tires soon, and the power steering pump leaks - serpentine belt just replaced. No Ballast for rear LED, and no floor mats. These cars are awesome - ride in luxury at "slightly" higher than highway speeds - on a recent trip to Philadelphia from St Louis at Christmas yielded 25MPG at 80MPH. This car is smooth and rides well at speed. I love these cars so much, I bought an identical one to replace this one. Get this one here for a great price - an economical and enjoyable alternative to a tiny "4-banger" with zero performance. Always garaged, Custom wheels, Fully loaded, Must see, Non-smoker, Perfect first car, Performance tires, Power everything, Runs & drives great, Upgraded sound system, Very clean interior, Well maintained

Thanks all!

Bob

LM8 001_resize.JPG

LM8 003_resize.JPG

LM8 004_resize.JPG

LM8 005_resize.JPG

LM8 007_resize.JPG

LM8 020_resize.JPG

LM8 021_resize.JPG

LM8 025_resize.JPG

LM8 029_resize.JPG

LM8 031_resize.JPG

pretty decent deal for anyone wanting a project car!

Good luck with the sell!

Not stock by any sense - they are aftermarket - they are honestly goofy as they have 2 sets of bolt patterns inside the cap - you need a long thin walled socket to take the lug nuts off. Don't like that personally, but not too tough to live with.

As far as bigger pics, the link is not full for Autotrader, but you can find the bigger pics on Autotrader (try searching for 98 Lincoln Mark VIII in 62025 zip). If you need bigger pics, shoot me an PM with your email and I'll shoot them over to you. Thanks!

I saw the big pics after I pulled my head out of my ass.... If the car is around after finals I might have to make the drive down and check it out... I have a spare motor wasting away.

Hi All - it's just been sold complete for the $1500 to a guy who drove up from Dallas (to St Louis) - quite a drive, but it was and is a nice car. I hate to see my baby go, but have moved on to another baby.

Thanks to all for their interest - I will have some misc parts I pulled from my new one including the cell phone and holder & cable, the head unit (Cassette) with 10 Disc CD Changer, the 4 woofers, and 2 rear tweeters, the amp, the plastic rear tray from the trunk (for the cell phone & amp) and also the plastic (lined) tray that covers the amp, etc. I will also have the air cleaner air box as well as I went with a forced air intake unit on the new ride. Any interest, shoot me a PM.

Thanks again! Bob

Members online

No members online now.
Back