For Sale 1998 Mark VIII Base - Minneapolis MN - $1800

Hankyman240

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Alright folks, I hate to make my return to the forum in this manner, but I've realized that I have too many cars and sadly the Mark seems to be the easiest to part with currently. Anyone who has been to the Boscobel beach party in the last few years should recognize this car.

I don't want to waste anyone's time so I'll try to be as honest as I can here.

Anyway, The good:
- I bought this from Florida in 2011 with 130K on it, it now has 180K since it was my daily driver for a few years. It has seen a small amount of winter but has mostly been stored, so the underbody is still pristine. No rust anywhere besides a couple small spots on the surface.
- Full front suspension rebuild 3 years ago including control arms, strut rod bushings, etc. Very solid and the alignment is great.
- Brakes done last year, R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors with EBC red pads.
- New stock fuel pump/filter this winter.
- New steering rack, pump, and lines in December 2013.
- 4.10 gears with T-lok. Correct speedo gear installed along with 93 driveshaft.
- Regular oil changes, always with Motorcraft oil.

The sorta good:
- Base model with no sunroof
- Full coil conversion. Not a cheap kit, put together using Tokico blues and Vogtland springs. I consider this a "good" but I know how some of you feel about air ride. It drives great, in my opinion.
- Tires have about 30k on them if I remember right. Still plenty of life left.

The not good:
- It's ugly. The paint is faded in some spots, there's a dent in the driver's door, and the front bumper doesn't sit quite right/grille is cracked. Someone repainted the trim to look like an LSC and it's now peeling off. I have a new non-LSC grille that can come with it.
- Interior is also pretty beat. Nothing too surprising given miles and it being a Florida car most of its life. Power seat doesn't go back and forth but I have a seat track I can throw in too.
- Valve cover gaskets probably need to be done. I saw some oil last time I did the plugs.
- Even with the 93 driveshaft it gets a little vibration above 80MPH or so. I don't usually go much faster than that so it's never bothered me.
- ABS sensor is out. Not sure which one. I don't mind since it saves me the trouble of turning off traction control when I drive it.
- CEL is on, throwing an IMRC code. Sometimes it runs a little off at low RPM when it's cold but it's never really bothered me.
- Chrome 10 spokes are completely shot. Lots of peeling.
- Parking brake sensor is out. Brake idiot light is on and it will click a few times when you put it in gear.

Overall this is a very strong running, rust free and mechanically solid car that I have no doubt will keep going for years and years to come. It's ugly and has some minor issues, but it's runs great and it's a blast to drive. I'd keep it if I didn't have five cars but I have two others it fights for a daily driver slot with and I just don't drive it as much as it deserves. Would make an awesome start to a project being a rust free body, or else you can do what I did and drive it to work every day with a smile on your face. It's never left me stranded and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere in the country tomorrow.

I can't get to LVC at work, so I'd ask that anyone interested email me at darrendbrooke@gmail.com

Price might be negotiable if someone shows up in my driveway before Friday with cash in hand.

Please see this album for pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/UjZoD

Thanks!

Darren

Sorry to see it go, Hanky. GLWS.

Alright folks, I hate to make my return to the forum in this manner, but I've realized that I have too many cars and sadly the Mark seems to be the easiest to part with currently. Anyone who has been to the Boscobel beach party in the last few years should recognize this car.

I don't want to waste anyone's time so I'll try to be as honest as I can here.

Anyway, The good:
- I bought this from Florida in 2011 with 130K on it, it now has 180K since it was my daily driver for a few years. It has seen a small amount of winter but has mostly been stored, so the underbody is still pristine. No rust anywhere besides a couple small spots on the surface.
- Full front suspension rebuild 3 years ago including control arms, strut rod bushings, etc. Very solid and the alignment is great.
- Brakes done last year, R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors with EBC red pads.
- New stock fuel pump/filter this winter.
- New steering rack, pump, and lines in December 2013.
- 4.10 gears with T-lok. Correct speedo gear installed along with 93 driveshaft.
- Regular oil changes, always with Motorcraft oil.

The sorta good:
- Base model with no sunroof
- Full coil conversion. Not a cheap kit, put together using Tokico blues and Vogtland springs. I consider this a "good" but I know how some of you feel about air ride. It drives great, in my opinion.
- Tires have about 30k on them if I remember right. Still plenty of life left.

The not good:
- It's ugly. The paint is faded in some spots, there's a dent in the driver's door, and the front bumper doesn't sit quite right/grille is cracked. Someone repainted the trim to look like an LSC and it's now peeling off. I have a new non-LSC grille that can come with it.
- Interior is also pretty beat. Nothing too surprising given miles and it being a Florida car most of its life. Power seat doesn't go back and forth but I have a seat track I can throw in too.
- Valve cover gaskets probably need to be done. I saw some oil last time I did the plugs.
- Even with the 93 driveshaft it gets a little vibration above 80MPH or so. I don't usually go much faster than that so it's never bothered me.
- ABS sensor is out. Not sure which one. I don't mind since it saves me the trouble of turning off traction control when I drive it.
- CEL is on, throwing an IMRC code. Sometimes it runs a little off at low RPM when it's cold but it's never really bothered me.
- Chrome 10 spokes are completely shot. Lots of peeling.
- Parking brake sensor is out. Brake idiot light is on and it will click a few times when you put it in gear.

Overall this is a very strong running, rust free and mechanically solid car that I have no doubt will keep going for years and years to come. It's ugly and has some minor issues, but it's runs great and it's a blast to drive. I'd keep it if I didn't have five cars but I have two others it fights for a daily driver slot with and I just don't drive it as much as it deserves. Would make an awesome start to a project being a rust free body, or else you can do what I did and drive it to work every day with a smile on your face. It's never left me stranded and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere in the country tomorrow.

I can't get to LVC at work, so I'd ask that anyone interested email me at darrendbrooke@gmail.com

Price might be negotiable if someone shows up in my driveway before Friday with cash in hand.

Please see this album for pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/UjZoD

Thanks!

Darren

Members online

No members online now.
Back