1998 LSC low power

Rapple1031

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi my first post here and looking for some suggestions. I have a 97 MK 8 base, and Just bought a beautiful low mileage 98 LSC (58,000 miles) . Both all stock. The 97 base power wise is like a bullet. The 98 LSC very noticeably less get up and go. The engine runs prefect, no codes, no missing, idles smooth. The owner passed away so I got no service records with it, but car fax showed it was dealer serviced every 6 months. But just oil changes up to 2016 when the owner died and it remained in his garage until I bought it. It has been to cold here to do much with it. But I did do the air filter, clean the MAF correctly, and throttle body. Confirmed IMRC are working. and a couple tanks of gas with seafoam. 2 things I have noticed, 1 if you rev the engine when you take your foot off it drops to 1100 rpm then slowly down to 750. 2 if your lugging along at 40 -45 MPH and go to accelerate it takes a lot of pedal for it to drop down a gear (the 97 just a little pedal and it drops down). Just looking for a little advice where to start after fuel filter, maybe IAC, or TPS to start?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back