sorry i cant help you there
but why not a 99 contiental or somthing like that

1995towncar said:
Anybody got one?

Im looking at a
98 w/ 73k
graphite gray with white/ gray leather.
$4988 :feedback

They're great. My old man had a 98 Touring. It has a 3.55 rear end and dual exhaust, so you get a little more of a kick than regular Town Cars (215HP/ 278TQ). 98 MY has an excellent transmission with the upgraded internal componenets, etc. All around a reliable vehicle, except for the plastic intake manifold. But now, Ford will replace it for free if you buy it and get it done ASAP (I think before 85,000mi) For all that, $4998 looks like a damn good deal...

Town cars only for me

EVILLALLY, do you know if he put 87 or 91 octane in. someone told me they are sopose to take 91

He always used 93. He clamied that he detonated with 87 although the manual recommended 87. Some Crown Vic and Grand Marq owners had the same problem for this reason: What happens is the non-California emissions 4.6L vehicles (which have a slightly higher compression ratio) get traded and sold in other pollution-controlled states (like ours), and they ping because of regional differences in fuel octane. So you may have to use 89+...

i recently totaled my 95 tc. im lookin at the 98-00 models and 95-96 and cant really decide which would be better. i know the new body is 3 inches less so size is automaticlly lost. anyone got thoughts on which would be better.

You totaled that nice TC!!! Oh well, it probably wasnt you fault right? If I had a choice id go with a 98 or so, and if you dont like it go back to 96 ish.

For my money, I prefer the 95-97 TCs, especially the sig. or cartier because of their far better leather seats, more legroom and less euro style ride. We have twenty five TC in my fleet of limos, most of them "L" models, ranging fom '00 to '06, b ut I still drive my 95 sig. with 448,000 on the original, non smoking, non leaking engine and trans.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Make sure that he (the original owner) has all of the receipts, and has performed the regular scheduled maintenance. Also, ask if he has replaced the front and rear brakes.

The Touring Edition also came with the special ebony-stained wood. I

yea i just bought a 98 TC Touring edition, it is friggin amazing compared to my mark 7 lsc which has wayyy too many problems.

I just bought it off my work for 2'500 which is a sedans and limousines transportation business. its got about 361,000 miles on it, the intake manifold has been replaced with an aluminum one and the alternator and water pump look new.

Plus its a great deal cuz we have multiple parts cars that the drivers wrecked and i can just pull whatever off of em.

everyone keeps sayin it looks like a cop car.

Question: half the back lights on the speedometer are out on the right side, anyone know if its a bulb or a fuse?

Members online

Back