1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

stang99x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I recently started a profession that requires extensive travel, and the Mark just isn't going to be suited for what I'll be doing. I hate to even think about selling it, but it's not really a choice given the expenses of fuel alone.

That being said, this is a 98 model. It is not the LSC, however it came from the factory with the LSC exhaust system on it. I asked a Ford engineer buddy of mine, and he said towards the end of the production run if they ran short of certain parts on the non LSC they'd use LSC parts. Either way, I've added 2.5" pipe from the center converter back. Several years ago I did the Cobra brake conversion, so the front end has 99-03 Cobra brakes...the rears were modified with the conversion bracket. The wheels are 17" x 10 and it has brand new tires, they have maybe 100 miles on them. (I bought the tires thinking I'd be driving this a lot, but things change so ah well) I have already replaced the blend door motor, and I have another one thats brand new in the Ford box that will go with. It has a K&N style filter adapted to the factory intake hose. 115,xxx on the odometer. I would call this a good condition car, about a 7.5 on a scale of 10. And the reason I don't go higher is that is has a small dent in front of the passenger rear tire where the previous owner took a turn to sharp in an airport and caught a high curb. It's about the size of a softball, right behind the molding. 20% tint all the way around. I also have installed a wired FM modulator with 3.5mm jack to play MP3's from your MP3 player, Iphone, Ipod, whatever. Also has a remote start system installed. In the last year, I replaced the front end parts as follows; Lower control arms, lower ball joints, upper control arms and ball joints, tie rod ends. Air ride still functions perfectly. Email me with any questions at STANG99X@Yahoo.com.

Asking $4500

Also, I removed the nonLSC molding and replaced it with LSC trim.

LincolnMarkVIII.jpg

Also, has new Interstate battery. The mufflers are Flowmaster 40's. Iridium plugs have been in it for about 3 years, roughly 16,000 miles on them. Has almost every factory option that I know of that was offered, short of the LSC seats and no block heater. Has dual heated seats, cargo net, CD changer and so forth.....you guys know what they are. And if anyone wants to know the maintenance history, you can see it's parked in front of a shop door. I've been in auto repair for 17 years, all the work has been done by me. I used to use Mobil 1 Synthetic products, but there wasn't really any point as I was driving about 12 miles a day total and changing the oil in 6 month intervals if I hadn't done 3000 miles. I changed over to Mobil HMV semi-syn in the last couple years. I bought it in 2006 with 88,xxx on the clock, as of today there are 116,xxx. You can do the math, roughly 28,000 miles in 7 years. The previous owner was a friend of mine, and it lived in Athens GA from 2000 or 2001 until I took it to Alpharetta GA in 2006, I believe the first two years it was in NJ. There is no abnormal rust on the underbody. I'd really rather not part with it, but there is no way I can use it for what I'm going to need a car for. If it has to go, I'd like to see another Mark fan take it and not see it get abused like I've seen some around here.

Adding quite a few more pictures as well, if anyone needs any other angle just email me.
Ldpassrearsuspen.jpgLenginefull.jpgLenginelower.jpgLfrontseats.jpgLincolnpassfrontunder.jpgLPassrearseat.jpgLpassrearunderbody.jpgLpassseat.jpgLreardiff.jpgLrearpass.jpgLengineclose.jpgLdriverunderbody.jpgLdriverseat.jpgLdash.jpgLbackseat1.jpgLcobrabrakes.jpgLbackseat.jpgLdriverfront.jpgLdriverrear.jpgLDriverrearsuspen.jpgLdriverrearunder.jpgLdriverrearunder2.jpgLtire.jpg

Lbackseat.jpg

Lbackseat1.jpg

Lcobrabrakes.jpg

Ldash.jpg

Ldpassrearsuspen.jpg

Ldriverfront.jpg

Ldriverrear.jpg

LDriverrearsuspen.jpg

Ldriverrearunder.jpg

Ldriverrearunder2.jpg

Ldriverseat.jpg

Ldriverunderbody.jpg

Lengineclose.jpg

Lenginefull.jpg

Lenginelower.jpg

Lfrontseats.jpg

Lincolnpassfrontunder.jpg

LPassrearseat.jpg

Lpassrearunderbody.jpg

Lpassseat.jpg

Lreardiff.jpg

Lrearpass.jpg

Ltire.jpg

I had a guy look at it this morning, said it was the nicest one he has seen and he's been looking for over a year. The only reason he didn't throw down and buy it on the spot was because it has a sunroof. That reduction in clearance, combined with him being 6'5 and having to sit straight up due to back surgeries, made his head touch the headliner. He even asked if there was a way to put the headliner from a non-sunroof car into it and just cover it up. I wasn't really even into trying that, nor do I find that a really doable mod.

That really is a very nice M8. Knowing the history of the car alone and having confidence that the car was never abused and well taken care of is a great selling point.

I would buy that car but it is not in our budget at this time. I envy the lucky buyer because I know he will enjoy everything you've done to keep this car in this condition.

Oh what a gorgeous car. I love that color. I wish I had a bigger garage. Here's hoping the new owner joins LvC so we can keep track of her! Sorry you have to let her go :-( I would lose sleep over that sweet critter.

Hey there. Don't worry Hot*Mk8 and others. I bought the car, got it back here and joined this forum to not only show you the life the car will lead but to immerse myself with the knowledge I have found on LVC. Unfortunately the car ended up in the shop less than 12 hours after getting it home so I can't even take new pictures. Look for my official introduction in a week or so.

Members online

No members online now.
Back