1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC FOR SALE

Just a suggestion. You might want to go back and edit your pictures to what the car looks like right now. It appears you're selling two very different cars; one that's semi stock and one that's been pimped on.

The car looks better with the original red color-matching grill installed. With all due respect, the screen grill looks just like that; a screen. Like off the back porch screen door.

(Not meant to be offensive or start a flame war, just thought some feedback from a new owner might help you sell the car.)
Buy a new console plate off ebay for a few bucks and replace the one that's got the switch cut into it. If they aren't functional anyway, why include them? The next buyer may not like them at all. You can throw them in on the deal if you want but the way it looks now, the wiring may be suspect to a potential buyer. Adding switches is usually a matter of personal taste so let the next owner use his/her best judgement on placement, type and function. It will only cost a couple bucks and it'll get the look of "homemade" off the car.

The bling around the switch plate and the radio should be restored to stock look. Again, throw it in with the deal and let the new owner decide if he/she wants them.

Any serious buyer will want to know they're getting a car that hasn't been mucked with too badly. If you don't understand why no one wants to buy your car, ask the people who have recently bought one and what were they looking for. I bought mine in November and never would've considered paying more than $1500 for one like you're presenting here because too many alterations have been made that are usually found on old Mustangs or Hondas. If you want to sell the car for that price, you have to make it appeal to the people who have the money and are willing to pay it. Your alterations are a matter of personal taste and everyone has a different idea of what is "cool" so don't expect others to plunk down your asking price if you're already making those decisions of personal taste for them.

D Hook said:
Just a suggestion. You might want to go back and edit your pictures to what the car looks like right now. It appears you're selling two very different cars; one that's semi stock and one that's been pimped on.

The car looks better with the original red color-matching grill installed. With all due respect, the screen grill looks just like that; a screen. Like off the back porch screen door. Plus I don't see how it is "bling". It was like that when I bought the car.

I don't think it is not selling because of the price; it is already $1000 less than the blue book value (look it up, it is under "good" condition with some minor flaws). It seems that people just aren't in the market for Mark VIII's right now. I have had a LOT of emails/phone calls about the car, a lot more so now that the price is lower. I have good faith that it will go soon.

(Not meant to be offensive or start a flame war, just thought some feedback from a new owner might help you sell the car.)
Buy a new console plate off ebay for a few bucks and replace the one that's got the switch cut into it. If they aren't functional anyway, why include them? The next buyer may not like them at all. You can throw them in on the deal if you want but the way it looks now, the wiring may be suspect to a potential buyer. Adding switches is usually a matter of personal taste so let the next owner use his/her best judgement on placement, type and function. It will only cost a couple bucks and it'll get the look of "homemade" off the car.

The bling around the switch plate and the radio should be restored to stock look. Again, throw it in with the deal and let the new owner decide if he/she wants them.

Any serious buyer will want to know they're getting a car that hasn't been mucked with too badly. If you don't understand why no one wants to buy your car, ask the people who have recently bought one and what were they looking for. I bought mine in November and never would've considered paying more than $1500 for one like you're presenting here because too many alterations have been made that are usually found on old Mustangs or Hondas. If you want to sell the car for that price, you have to make it appeal to the people who have the money and are willing to pay it. Your alterations are a matter of personal taste and everyone has a different idea of what is "cool" so don't expect others to plunk down your asking price if you're already making those decisions of personal taste for them.

You're not being offensive or starting a flame war, but it would have been nice to get your personal opionion of the car in a pm instead of the thread. Are you trying to keep people from buying it by pointing out things you think are bad-looking on the car?

I don't think I can remove pictures once I've put them in. To my knowledge, you only have a certain amount of time after you post something to edit it. After the time limit it's there until and admin does something with it. So, if there is an admin that reads this, could you please delete the pictures with the 20" chrome rims. Thanks.

The switches have been removed. As far as replacing that interior piece where they were, and also getting a grill, I have searched all the junkyards around where I am and none of them have any second gen Mark VIII's with a usable grill and that interior piece. If anyone knows where I can get one online please let me know. I didn't see any on Ebay.

The interior pieces that are painted red look good in my opinion, and plus I don't feel like spending $100+ on an interior piece kit. If a buyer comes to me and commits to buying the car if I do that, then I will.

Still Available???

I am interested in the Red '98. If its still available, let me know and I will show the pics to my son. If he likes it, I just have a few questions for you. E-mail zzmaniac@optonline.net or Phone @ 516-398-7886. Thanks, Mike

Sorry guys, the car has been finally sold. I forgot to update the thread until just now. I finally sold it for $3900.

Wow, resurrection from the dead! I cut out the vertical bars from the stock grill, spray painted it silver, and bought a sheet of mesh from a place online and cut it to fit.

Members online

Back