1998 Factory CD Changer Installation HELP!

fastbackford351

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1998 that came stock with only the in-dash casette player. I wanted the factory 10 disc changer so I purchased one off of EBAY. I figured it should be a pretty quick install. I removed the liner from the inside of the trunk looking for the plug from the wiring harness and I am not finding it? it:confused: Do I need to install a seperate harness to hook this up or am I not looking in the right place? My radio has the 'CD' button on it so I would assume (insert that old ass-u-me joke here) that my setup would be wired for trunk mounted CD changer. I had an aftermarket cd changer installed a couple of years ago (turned out to be a waste of resources) but it mounted on the other side of the trunk so I am pretty sure they didn't mess with the harness. If I do need to run a new harness, how much of a hassle is it? How much are they? and where would I get one or would I be better off just getting another after market unit? All help is appreciated

There are two separate wiring harnesses from the Head Unit to the CD Changer in the trunk ! The first runs from the Head Unit to the cowl/hinge pillar area ! The second runs from the cowl area to the left rear side of the car ! I bought both Harnesses to install in my car , but probably will not use them !

If you are interested , please email me at cdaout1@cox.net !

Good Luck,
Sonny

Members online

Back