1997 markviii running really bad..

I assume you also replaced the boots?

Go to the auto box store and rent a noid light to try and track down your miss.

hey guys still havnt found the problem .the parts store would only take the cops back for a new set of accles so i put a new set in today still acting funny .well on a side note got my new GENISYS TOUCH yesterday so i hooked that up and seems like with this scan tool the o2 that was not showing any mv is showing 617mv just like the other side now funny huh . the new scan tool did show that the #2 cyl had 4,986 miss fires while all the others had none . anyone got anything .

ya look at cylinder number 2...spark fuel....compression test

try swapping coil and see if missfire follows coil location

why cyl number 2 i dont understand.is there something that im missing.
i did put a coil that i had laying in the garage that i do kno is good drove the car for drive cycle and there was no missing or anythat the scanner picked up on.

you said cylinder 2 showed almost 5000 on misfire.....check that cylinder

yea i seen that sorry i miss typed cyl #5 . sorry i was usein the GENISYS TOUCH to type all that.since my last post i took the coil off of cyl #5 and put one of my old ones that was still good on cyl #5 ,also i reset that kam and drove the car for 15-20 miles on the freeway ,then i drove the car for 10-15 miles in the city .checked the missfire count there were none . so as of now everything is acting as it should the motor also runs great so far.

Could have excessive carbon buildup on the valves of that cylinder or on the piston.

Members online

No members online now.
Back