1997 Mark VIII updates with pics

thecoolmajor

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have added some pics of my recent projects. The first picture shows the air resonator and the air muffler that I took off from the top of the engine (resonator) and underneath the air filter (muffler/restrictor). Not too bad of a job, maybe 40 minutes to remove the tire to get at the air muffler assembly.

The second picture shows my engine with the shroud but without the resonator. I also drilled holes in the air filter box behind the headlight but I took that picture after it was back together. You might notice a new alternator. It started to die on me on the way home one night but barely made it the garage. The next morning I got a new one and installed it.

The third picture shows the new aluminum pedal covers I installed! I like those.

The last picture shows the rear window seal with a secondary seal underneath it. The insert shows the ripples in the seal before I fixed it. You can see some ripple in the seal but these are the worst ones and will heat the seals up again to smooth it out better. I ordered the secondary seal to fix it from Temple Performance in Atlanta: http://templeperformancecars.com/index.php

Next, I am thinking of installing a set of post gauges and installing whiteface gauge panels on the standard gauges. Then, I might remove the exhaust resonator and install an x-pipe in it's place.

Mike

engine.jpg

pedals.jpg

right window seal.jpg

air resonator and air muffler.jpg

I did a window seal fix from the kit I got from Temple and it worked well. Still holding up almost two years later. Yours looks good.

Watch that alternator marks love to eat replacement ones especially if there not motorcraft/Mitsubishi.

Funny you mention eating alternators! I replaced the first one like my story but a few months later, I replaced it again. The diodes were bad so I got it for free (lifetime warranty).That's all good but I don't want to replace it again and again. I may have to go to Motorcraft the next time, thanks!

thecoolmajor, could you tell me what that rear window seal kit consist of. The Mark I just picked up has it pretty bad on one side and figure I'll need to get the kit. Is it something you spread on it, then heat it up and it draws it back down? Just wondering how it works.

Hey KC, Aren't you the man who was installing heads on your mark? Bill Boats. I 've been more at home here since my last post so please reply.

Question, Why would you have to take off the tire to get at an air muffler?

Hey KC, Aren't you the man who was installing heads on your mark? Bill Boats. I 've been more at home here since my last post so please reply.

Bill you asked me this same question in my thread about the new Mark VIII I just picked up. Yes, I had the heads pulled off of my car. My health isn't the best so I have a guy that turns the wrench's for me as that's about all I trust him to do. I have to watch over his work to feel comfortable that it's being done the right way. Now that a friend has helped me get the new car, we're not sure what we're going to do with the other car that had the heads pulled off it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back