1997 Mark VIII rear glass

NottBadd

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1997 Mark VIII and the rear glass rubber is shot. My glass is perfect however molding and glass are one unit so I need to replace the whole thing.
Are there any wrecking yards that specialize in Lincolns? I am having a heck of a time finding a new and used one.

IMG_0323.JPG

It's pretty bad, I got got the rest of the car looking real nice. Spent days buffing and waxing and have a real nice mirror finish. Want to paint the nose and hood because clear coat is coming off the bumper and rock chips on the hood. But the rear window looks so bad that I don't want to do anything until it's fixed. I will contact Temple Performace, thanks for the assistance.

John at Temple Performance has a kit that corrects the lasagna-like wave that happens to the seal, which he did for me when he replaced my standard two-piece driveshaft with a balanced one-piece. I don't know if there are kits to replace the original seal. You can try. If not, there are sites that connect to hundreds of salvage yards around the country, and they may find a complete window with a good deal for you. Try Saratoga Classics in NY.

I just ordered the kit from Temple, hopefully that will work. I have been looking online for used windows, I would want to pick it up personally so I could see the condition.

Try Goof Off to clean out the wax. It may sound extreme, but Goof Off is great for a lot of stuff like that.

Jim, do you have a pic of your rear window with the trim kit? I would like to see it.

Ok. Here. It goes under and secures the original trim and eliminates the wavy lasagna effect. Mine was really bad, so it's not yet perfect, but I have another set handy.

0929171549_HDR.jpg

Members online

Back