1997 Mark VIII creaking rear sway bar upgrade driving me crazy!

Gato69

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I got a 1.25" Addco rear sway bar upgrade from Super Coupe Performance that came with polyurethane bushings. The handling was nicely improved, however, the polyurethane bushings make a creaking sound that can be heard when driving over the slightest road imperfection and it's driving me crazy. Super Coupe recommended using anti-seize lube on the bushings which I did but with nominal and not lasting affects. Any body got any ideas on how to resolve this annoying creaking sound situation? Thanks!

ditch the bushings that come with the addco bar.
they used to be very meh.
get energy suspension mounts.

ditch the bushings that come with the addco bar.
they used to be very meh.
get energy suspension mounts.
Hi Chris2523,
Thanks for the response, however, not too sure what energy suspension mounts are. What exactly are they and where can they be purchased? Thanks!

Hi Chris2523,
Thanks for the response, however, not too sure what energy suspension mounts are. What exactly are they and where can they be purchased? Thanks!

Hi Chris2523,
I researched it and found what I think you are talking about on Suspension.com where they have greasable brackets and bushings for a variety of sway bar sizes. Did you use their greasable brackets? If so, I heard they need some modifying because of the two bolt pattern they come with doesn't exactly fit on the Mark VIII?

Members online

Back