1997 Mark 8 progress. Mil @ 41k, Long time eh boys??

danielmillermark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So just did front upper complete control arms left and right side with new MOOG parts. Plus new lower ball joints from MOOG left and right and yes it looked great to do so, but not a fun job. Then, new sway bar end links both sides. Air bags look great no cracks. Front end rotors turned w/new pads. The back got new rotors and pads still in the break in process. And a great surprise under the hood!.. a G force performance chip that was hidden well by the previous owner! Pictures have been taken have them up asap. @ Old david, hope that bulb is still in great shape. Happy 4th of July everyone!

So just did front upper complete control arms left and right side with new MOOG parts. Plus new lower ball joints from MOOG left and right and yes it looked great to do so, but not a fun job. Then, new sway bar end links both sides. Air bags look great no cracks. Front end rotors turned w/new pads. The back got new rotors and pads still in the break in process. And a great surprise under the hood!.. a G force performance chip that was hidden well by the previous owner! Pictures have been taken have them up asap. @ Old david, hope that bulb is still in great shape. Happy 4th of July everyone!

Have you done any research on it? Looks like it's just another one of those cheap perf "chips" that tricks the computer to run rich via the maf or iat sensor. I'd remove it.

Congrats on the uca install. I must ask, where the uca matching? Most come mismatched.

I sent a PM, Daniel. Everything is great. You're a good and fair man to do business with. Don't forget to burnish the brakes by bedding them, Dan.

Last edited:
pic of the chip

Pic of the chip. Far as ik the arms were not mismatched.

0611151416.jpg

Like Lownslo said, JUNK!!! I put one on my pu trk that was getting 12.7 mpg. The only difference is now I get 10-11 mpg.

Btw put this car up for sale today on CL. Not desperate for a sale. Just looking at other cars that have caught my eye.

Members online

No members online now.
Back