1997 Lincoln Mark VIII

psydiphekt

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a Lincoln Mark VIII that I bought totaled as a project because I always loved the Mark VIII and I wanted to keep another Mark on the road rather than let it go to the scarp yard. Unfortunately some family problems came up and now I NEED money, so sadly my little project car has to go.

Car runs and drives great with no real problems

I will get the bad out of the way first: I bought this car totaled so it has a salvaged title (I didn't think I'd ever have to sell the car so I didn't assume this would be an issue) I fixed everything major wrong with the car though so it shouldn't be an issue but I know some people have hang ups on it being a salvaged title so I figured I'd start with that first
Still reading after that? ok well next on my list of things to fix was one of the rims is dented so it doesn't hold air, I filled it up like once every other week. It was pretty far down on my to do list so I never got around to getting a new rim. I can give you directions to a salvage yard or go to tirerack.com and buy a new set of wheels
Also the oil cooler has a VERY slow leak, its not the oil cooler itself its the gasket, I've never run low on oil before but you can see some oil under the car it really is more of cosmetic thing than anything it just makes the underside of the motor look dirty. just never got around to replacing it
Other than some really minor stuff like there is no cup holder, and the switch for the seat is busted

Ok now for everything I've replaced:
I didn't use any cheap parts when rebuilding the car everything I used was either the stock part or a premium part
New air ride suspension including new air compressor (including labor that alone was about $3k less than 10,000 miles on that)
New Transmission, ($2200 less than 10,000 miles)
New water pump (Motorcraft $130 plus labor less than 6k miles)
All new plugs (Champion Iridium $110 for the plugs less than 400miles)
New wires (auto lite, I think like $15 less than 400 miles)
New coil over pack (motorcraft forgot price about 2000miles)
Pretty much every rubber gasket and seal got replaced and I used Fel-Pro for everything (less than 100 miles) even replaced the throttle gasket recently (0 miles)
K&N air filter (less than 200 miles)
New Good Year Assurance Tires (less than 4000 miles)
Replaced the door unlock thing (I believe that is the technical term,new from Motorcraft $130)
Replaced almost everything that was related to the suspension under the car including 2 Radius arm bushings (around 1000-4000 miles on most of the suspension work)
Replaced the heater control unit ($200)
Just had a wheel alignment (like 50 miles)
Replaced the computer that controls the tail lights turning on and off ($345)
New Wix Fuel filter that is still in the box just too lazy to instal ($13)
Brand new Silverstar headlights also still in the box too lazy to instal ($40)
I bought $450 worth of speakers for the car to replace to stock old JBL's that are in there that I might sell with the car
Also I have a $300 K&N cold air intake for a Mustang Cobra that I was going to modify to fit the Mark but never got around too, if you would like I'll sell that too
There is probably more that I am forgetting
I have put a LOT of money into this car, I REALLY don't want to sell it but I do need money, I would prefer to sell it to someone who wants to keep the car on the road but at this point because I need the cash I don't care if you are just gunna use it as a parts car since most the car is brand new. I realise I wont even get half of the money I put into it, so if you are interested make me a reasonable offer.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/psydiphekt/Mark/21.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/psydiphekt/Mark/15.jpg

I personally need $3200 (which is why I am sadly forced to sell my project) so anyone with an offer reasonably close to that goal gets to have my car, I know I have double that into the car

It looks really clean. you should post some pics of the inside.

if i were you i'd have started a little higher on price - unless the interior is trashed or there are other damages i don't see.

alright I will take some pics of the interior when I get back from work.
Trust me I'd rather have more money for the car, but I'm not selling the car because I am bored with it or I because I don't want the car or anything like that. I am selling because I need $3200 and its the only thing I own that I can sell that is worth around $3200 haha now if you want to give me more money than what I'm asking I wont say no to that haha. That being said the car isn't in mint condition either, but it runs and drives with no major mechanical problems and has roughly $6k-7k in new parts so it makes an amazing donor car or you can finish my restore

In my original post I already said that I know some people will have a problem with the title. That does not change the fact that it would make a great donor car for anyone who has a problem with the fact that it was totaled at one time than rebuilt. Or you can continue to drive it and enjoy it as I have. And once again there is no set price on this I'm just looking for the best offer that is fair.

Also I took an interior photo of the car, my apologies for it not being the best but it was getting dark and this is the only photo I took that didn't turn out terrible

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/psydiphekt/2012-09-15_19-53-14_879.jpg

as you can see in the photo that the cup holders are missing... I don't have a reason as to why they are, I bought the car like that, and I don't eat or drink while driving so I never sought to replace them. Also you can see from the photo there is a slight fading of the faux wood at the top from age but the faux wood near the stereo and heat isn't faded

Members online

No members online now.
Back