1997 Eldorado Engine Swap

81dieselrodeo

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Yay, first post.

I've acquired a 1997 Eldorado Biarritz (sp?) for a very ambitions swap project. It has blown head gaskets. Engine, as far as I know, is not fixable. Damn aluminum blocks...

So ambitions, I'm looking for a fallback position, if I give up on the original prospect.

There has to be a turbo4 or 6cyl engine out there that bolts up to this trans. I don't care about being 'underpowered.' I'm looking for better mileage and reliability. N*'s just have too many issues, and I don't want to replace a bad apple with another bad apple. I don't care about speed. I have a bike for that.

What other engines will bolt up to the transmission in this vehicle? I've been looking for info on this for months. Apparently, I don't know which rocks to look under, cuz I've got nuthin'.

the supercharged 3.8 GM would be your closest fit I beleive. You should also consider a time-sert kit for the head bolts, that's the fix as long as your heads & block are OK.

Ever look into an LS1 or LS2 swap? If they can swap one into a Mazda RX7, I don't see why it wouldn't fit in a much larger Cadillac.

Just put the same engine back in. You can rebuild or purchase a used engine. You have electronics to consider, including the Powertrain Control Module. I've seen low miliage engines being sold for under $2,000.

A 3.5 V-6 Thats in the 2001 to 2003 olds aurora uses the 4t80 and 4t80e
if you have that trans it should bolt right up

Members online

No members online now.
Back