1996 MarkVIII VRCM 12-F6LF-14B239-BC

SCJT

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to locate this part or find someone to repair it?
Variable Relay Contrl Module - Hard to find!

They are hard to come by!

No new ones are left, hunting on eBay and junkyards are your only options.

They are hard to come by!

No new ones are left, hunting on eBay and junkyards are your only options.

What he said! I would like to get my hands on a broken one and see about repairing it. But never have seen one yet. Worried I might have this problem on my 96 eventually.

This is a real issue that will slowly kill Marks if a solution isn't found....

I've got an extra one for a 97-98 and I aint selling it!

brandon the 97-98 is still avail., 93-95 is also, but 96's no deal. i have a box full of all years but no 96's

Go to car-parts.com and search under engine control computer, then multifunction. You want to list the 96 in order, so that all 96's are listed first. They have the same problem that ford does. It lists the 94 part number as being applicable to 94 thru 96. This is wrong. ONly look at parts that are listed under 96. Also, email the people and ask for a picture of the box. It should have a white and purple sticker on the back.

Just an fyi, the 96 box is called a VLCM. Variable Load Control Module. Due to the introduction of the EEC V, ford removed all of the A/C control functions from the VCRM and relocated it to the main PCM. Thats why its called a VLCM.

Between the unique wiring, the VRCM, and nique IMRC's I don't think I would touch one either.

The 98 Scares me because of the IMRC controller and the abs sensors now...

We got to think though. They are older cars and many other older cars are running out of parts too. Maybe not important engine or drivetrain components but theres just no sence in making some parts anymore esp with such a low volume car's such as the mark imo.

Members online

No members online now.
Back