1996 Mark VIII with 36,000 original miles.

Mr. Sinister

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
About my Mark VIII:
It's a clean car in Silver Frost and a real Diamond Anniversary, but at some point all the back glass was replaced, so the 1/4 windows do not have the gold etching on them. How do I know this? I found pieces of broken glass in the map pockets on the back of the seats and one of the pieces had some of the gold etching on it. I'm not the original owner, so I don't have the Waterford crystal. I picked it up through a dealer on a consignment sale from an elderly gentleman's family who I'm sure had no idea the crystal should go with it. The Dealer knew nothing about the car other than where it came from. So, it's pretty much a clean, low mileage Mark VIII with cool seats and nifty floormats. It's got every option available in 96 to my knowledge, even the console mounted mobile phone. I put drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads at all 4 corners, new front calipers, all fluids changed at 30k miles (except rear), OEM replacement Michelin Pilots on the stock rims with plenty of tread left, just replaced the oil pan gasket, trans pan gasket and rear trans seal, new plugs, a drop in K&N and a set of quiet mufflers that I put on it because I like to hear my car running, but not be obnoxious. Windows are tinted with 20% smoke film and it looks great with no fading or any major wrinkles or bubbles. It currently has a set of 18" aftermarket wheels on it which can be sold with the car if the buyer so desires. If not, the factory wheels will go back on it. I'm still daily driving the car, so the 18s stay on it until it sells. The car was repainted before I took ownership, so it looks great, but the hood could stand to be redone. The paint looks a little weathered under the clear, but it polishes up nice. The headlights have some very minor yellowing, but I keep them clean with regular polishing. The chrome inside the headlights is perfect. The air ride works perfectly and does not leak down when the car sits.

The interior is light graphite and cordovan and in excellent shape save for a couple of small issues. There is a small crack in the wood on the cupholder door, there is a small crack dead center in the dash right up by the windshield and there is a small rip in the driver's seat bottom, but it's behind a seam and not at all noticeable. There are no stains on the seats or carpet, the headliner is tight and everything inside the car works. I replaced the factory head unit with an iPod ready Clarion unit, but the factory radio will go with the car OR I can have it reinstalled for the buyer. The factory JBL speakers still sound great.

It is what it is, a nice, low mileage 96 Mark. It's not perfect, but it's never let me down. If it doesn't sell, I keep it and continue to use it as my daily. I'd rather see someone who appreciates these cars have it because I really don't have any special attachment to it. I take great care of it as I do all my cars. I've done the research and I know the market value, so I'm realistic with what I expect to get out of it.

Asking $6500. I haven't seen another running, driving Mark with this mileage for this little money. No low ballers, please. Carfax is spotless. I can provide additional pictures to interested parties if desired, and the VIN number if you'd like to run a report yourself. I'd be happy to answer any additional questions about the car, just ask!!

100_1060.gif

More Pics:
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/bluedevilfxt/Mark VIII/

Talk about a small world, I used to live just up the road in Elk Mills. I was actually in that area yesterday as I took my daughter to see one of her friends there and I picked up some cheese steaks at the Fair Hill market on Singerly road. The place does not look like much but the folks are nice and the cheese steaks are very good, only $5 for a large one. I brought back 6 of them with me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back