1996 mark viii trouble

TOPR

LVC Member
Reaction score
Man i need some help please..car ran perfect..shut off for 3 min or so..crank but no start...checked fuel psi..10...changed pump and filter..now 43 psi but drops to 20 instantly with key off...ran battery dead and swapped it with new one...now no fuel psi or power to pump and engine fan comes on with cycle of key..never did before and neither does our 94??? Any help will reveal a happy fat dad so kid can quit driving my truck.. Thanks in advance...ALSO READER NOT COMMUNICATING WITH THE PCM...TRIED TWO OF READERS...BAD PCM??

Vcrm...in front of radiator????..anyone have one??? Also jumped terminals at the relay and have fuel psi with relay unplugged....come on lvc someone can help for a price...pcm.not communicating with reader..bad pcm???pcm code is ebp2...would like to find one but dont need to waste money on spare parts just advice

94 pcm will not work in a 96. fan should not operate unless engine is at proper temp or a/c is on. Find the fuse for the obdII port power. Usually when readers don't communicate, that is the problem.

will a 94 pcm work in a 96?

lol, forgot about that. Nope, wouldn't have worked but I still think his is bad.I say this because I went through the same thing on my 94 when I tried to put a W3Z3 PCM in and all I got at key on was the cooling fan running. It would turn over and turn over but it never cranked. The PCM was bad. I put the Z4HO back in and it started right up.

had a pcm go bad in the cougar.
the fuel pump ran constantly and cranked with no start.

Members online

No members online now.
Back