1995 Town Car rear-end air ride issue

kythri

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Trying to help my parents diagnose and repair an issue on their '95 Town Car.

The rear-end air shocks of their car are fully inflated, elevating the rear.

The dealer claimed that the "main module" or "compressor controller" needs to be replaced.

They quoted parts at around $250, and labor at around $250.

Now, I don't know a thing about the Town Car, my expertise (as little as it is) being limited to Taurus SHO's and Explorers.

Is anyone familiar with this issue, and what a common fix for it is? Since the system is staying inflated, I'm hoping that there's simply a relay or module I could pick up from a wrecking yard and replace to solve this problem.

Many thanks!

kythri said:

The dealer claimed that the "main module" or "compressor controller" needs to be replaced.

Now, I don't know a thing about the Town Car, my expertise (as little as it is) being limited to Taurus SHO's and Explorers.

Is anyone familiar with this issue, and what a common fix for it is? Since the system is staying inflated, I'm hoping that there's simply a relay or module I could pick up from a wrecking yard and replace to solve this problem.

Many thanks!

Why did they take the car in? Did the "check air suspension" light go on?

kythri said:

Many thanks!

Why did they take the car in? Did the "check air suspension" light go on? IF the rear bags are inflating, than there shouldn't be a problem...

Members online

Back