1995 Mark VIII..missing keys

boxman1958

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to get a new key set and remote/alarm push button from the dealer?

I picked-up a 1995 for cheap. the owner lost the keys and the remote.
I've read somewhere that it's about $250 to replace due to the chip in the key???

I've got a 1993 that may become a donor car soon and I'm wondering if it's possible to use the security/alarm/remote from that car and install the security system in the 95.

I'd appreciate any help in the matter. If I sound nuts....tell me so, I don't get offended too easily.

thanks.

A 95 is not a coded key you can swap out the door trunk and ign cyl and use them in the 95. I'm 98% sure you can swap out the key fob box thats in the trunk into the 95 also. You might have to reprogram it but it won't hurt to swap it.

I think 97 and 98 are the chiped ones, But you should be able to swap those also into the 95 with out to much modification. The gen one keys are easyer to swap.

If you just need the locks from your donor car so that you have keys switch them out. If the donor car has the door/alarm arming remote,you can just follow the arming direction for a new remote. I saw them posted somewhere on here once. I didn't have a remote when i got bought my mark,but my dad had the remotes form his wrecked '94 Cougar and i managed to program it to my mark and it works just fine.

my buddy got new keys made for his for for a deal of $60 and you can get a used remote and program it yourself

Members online

No members online now.
Back